Red Wal-Mart sign

CS85

I was driving back from Downers Grove last night and saw a red wal-mart sign. It was much like this (not sure of it's location)

(edit: image link is broken)

I've never seen these before anywhere, I've visited walmarts from new orleans up to chicago and only seen this one (and obviously wherever the photograph originates from). It's obviously the old walmart lettering, but I've always seen those as white, not red. Is there any significance behind this?

so weird you would mention Downers Grove. I actually grew up literally right across the street from that Wal-Mart (which is technically part of Darien). Always wondered why it was red too... my theory was because most of the storefronts in that plaza have the same color scheme (tan stone with red letters) so it would be for uniformity. I wonder if they will eventually change to the new logo.

I was driving back from Downers Grove last night and saw a red wal-mart sign. It was much like this (not sure of it's location)

(edit: image link is broken)

I've never seen these before anywhere, I've visited walmarts from new orleans up to chicago and only seen this one (and obviously wherever the photograph originates from). It's obviously the old walmart lettering, but I've always seen those as white, not red. Is there any significance behind this?

so weird you would mention Downers Grove. I actually grew up literally right across the street from that Wal-Mart (which is technically part of Darien). Always wondered why it was red too... my theory was because most of the storefronts in that plaza have the same color scheme (tan stone with red letters) so it would be for uniformity. I wonder if they will eventually change to the new logo.

Very interesting! I would imagine they would have to pay some people off to get around that uniformity policy (which is something they've done many, many times).

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's one that a Google search turned up.

walmart_byrdhouse.jpg

Looks like they just stripped the letters off the wall. They could LA Angels it and add a white line to the red letters on the red background though, but it would still suck.

It looks like its closed

Nah man, that's a new 3D logo! You need to buy the glasses at the store to read the sign.

87Redskins.png

Archived