2011 Frozen Four

Sport

My point is, Frozen Four runs don't typically come out of the middle of frickin' nowhere. Most of the time, you'll figure, "hey this team is kind of good" "maybe Frozen Four good" well in advance and start contingency planning in the very least-set money aside, look up travel sites, and generally be prepared. Yes there will be some "Oh :censored: we gotta scramble!" fans, but not many who are starting from scratch on the trip front immediately after the regional final.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is, Frozen Four runs don't typically come out of the middle of frickin' nowhere. Most of the time, you'll figure, "hey this team is kind of good" "maybe Frozen Four good" well in advance and start contingency planning in the very least-set money aside, look up travel sites, and generally be prepared. Yes there will be some "Oh :censored: we gotta scramble!" fans, but not many who are starting from scratch on the trip front immediately after the regional final.

You don't follow college hockey very closely then. #1 seeds are 11-9 in the first round in the last 5 years. You also don't know school ticket outlets very well and the demand that they get the day after a school makes the FF.

Listen, I'm done with this argument. Literally everyone I've talked to, from coaches to fans to conference commissioners LOVE the bye. It isn't going anywhere. It avoids going head-to-head with basketball in any capacity (which is good for the fans on multiple fronts, since they can watch bball if they want and not miss hockey, and good for TV because ESPN doesn't lose viewers who would rather watch bball than college hockey).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how many of you watched last night's game, but it was great. Minnesota-Duluth won in overtime after a scoreless third period. It was five times as exciting as the basketball national championship.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't know how many of you watched last night's game, but it was great. Minnesota-Duluth won in overtime after a scoreless third period. It was five times as exciting as the basketball national championship.

It was also 5 times more exciting than last year's finals.

Congrats to Duluth. It pains me to say that, but at least it was a WCHA team.

I'm just happy Michigan got what they deserved for their screwjob against UNO... Oh, and it was a WCHA team that won as well. Good to see a fellow conference member bring home the championship.

My wife and I hit the streets and bought a pair for $50 apiece. I honestly just wanted to attend a championship game of some kind. UMD was clearly the home team. Very exciting for the last 10 of regulation and the OT. Well worth it and I am glad I got the opportunity. I was also surprised to find out that UMD had never won a national title, so I am glad they pulled it out.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived