NBA Parody logo challenge

blase

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really. How exactly did the Heat cheat?

Yeah. Plus, the Lakers one doesn't really make sense. I mean, I hate the Lakers, I really hate the Lakers but how can anyone confidently refer to them as losers? Maybe a Celtics fan, but LA's right up there with Boston.

The Lakers losing one, maybe made sense... 5 years ago?

As for the Heat... what most people are referring to is Pat Riley and Alonzo Mourning having a private dinner with LeBron James, during last season, while LeBron was still a Cavalier. Riley claims that absolutely nothing was talked about during that dinner except the league-wide retirement of Michael Jordan's 23. Looking at it objectively, David Stern was fining EVERY coach, GM, players, adviser, or owner for collusion, who even mentioned another player who wasn't on their team, any less LeBron James. But Riley and Mourning having dinner with LeBron, according to Stern, was completely within league rules and didn't fall under the guidelines of collusion. There were also rumors of Riley talking with Chris Bosh during last season as well.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As for the Heat... what most people are referring to is Pat Riley and Alonzo Mourning having a private dinner with LeBron James, during last season, while LeBron was still a Cavalier. Riley claims that absolutely nothing was talked about during that dinner except the league-wide retirement of Michael Jordan's 23.

Well, do you have hard proof that anything else was discussed? Otherwise, just stop. LeBron spurned my team for the Heat as well and you don't see me whine about it half as much as Cleveland fans.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

HAHA, I laughed at that one. Your work?

Yeah. Just a quick rough thought I had. I was thinking I might add a rolled up newspaper ready to strike the poor wolf in upper right area.

Then good job, and very funny!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

As for the Heat... what most people are referring to is Pat Riley and Alonzo Mourning having a private dinner with LeBron James, during last season, while LeBron was still a Cavalier. Riley claims that absolutely nothing was talked about during that dinner except the league-wide retirement of Michael Jordan's 23.

Well, do you have hard proof that anything else was discussed? Otherwise, just stop. LeBron spurned my team for the Heat as well and you don't see me whine about it half as much as Cleveland fans.

I'm not whining. I'm explaining the logo parody. There is no proof of what they actually talked about... but David Stern was handing out suspensions for any GM, coach, player, owner, who even MENTIONED another player's name. That's what makes it shady. You can't really compare the Clippers to the Cavs, I'm not trying to be confrontational, but there's no comparison. Its not even in the same ball park.

Be honest with yourself... say in 2-3 years (the year before Griffin becomes a free agent), the Clippers go to play the Knicks in New York with all kinds of rumors about Griffin going to sign with the Knicks in the offseason, and Donnie Walsh and Allan Huston take Blake Griffin out to dinner at the best restaurant in New York the night before the Clip play the Knicks... you wouldn't being crying foul?

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm not whining. I'm explaining the logo parody. There is no proof of what they actually talked about... but David Stern was handing out suspensions for any GM, coach, player, owner, who even MENTIONED another player's name. That's what makes it shady. You can't really compare the Clippers to the Cavs, I'm not trying to be confrontational, but there's no comparison. Its not even in the same ball park.

Be honest with yourself... say in 2-3 years (the year before Griffin becomes a free agent), the Clippers go to play the Knicks in New York with all kinds of rumors about Griffin going to sign with the Knicks in the offseason, and Donnie Walsh and Allan Huston take Blake Griffin out to dinner at the best restaurant in New York the night before the Clip play the Knicks... you wouldn't being crying foul?

Unless there was someone there that knows definitively what was said, theres no way to really know what was said or to claim collusion. It may look shady to someone outside looking in but unless you have definitive proof or a public admission by said parties theres no real way of knowing.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Unless there was someone there that knows definitively what was said, theres no way to really know what was said or to claim collusion. It may look shady to someone outside looking in but unless you have definitive proof or a public admission by said parties theres no real way of knowing.

Right... and the point is... David Stern was fining ANYONE who even said "LeBron/Wade/Bosh/STAT is a great talent" even if they were halfway across the country. It seems hypocritical to claim collusion for saying something so small, but when a player meets with the GM and adviser, it gets pushed under the carpet immediately.

Archived