Spring Training

JTernup

Hey guys, my family and I are going to spring training in Arizona on thursday and will stay for the remainder of ST. What parks and teams would you guys suggest, we are going to see the Rockies but also want to see other teams and stadiums. My other question is how much would you guys pay to go to a Coyotes game. (I have heard about the franchise and i am weary) The only reason I am looking into it is because my favorite team the Sharks is playing the coyotes on saturday, my family and I aren't really that into hockey but I thank it would be fun and a nice break from all the baseball.

Thanks for any help, KCCF

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I went last year, avoid Ho Ho Kam park we spent 2 hours trying to get into the parking lot and missed part of the game because the traffic in and around the park is horrible. I would suggest checking out Peoria, home to the Padres and Mariners. I was also really impressed with Camelbak Ranch and Phoenix Municipal as my favorite parks. Go to Tempe Diablo just to get a picture of the coolest view in the cactus league.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Yeah for sure check out Tempe Diablo for an Angels game if you can. That's a really nice park. Great view.

As far as the Coyotes go, see what you can get on StubHub. The face value of ticketmaster isn't worth the actual ticket. Go pay what they should be charging you on Stubhub.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If you're looking for the best ST Stadiums in the Phoenix area, I would go to the Peoria Sports Complex, Surprise Stadium, and Salt River Fields for the best experience possible. If you're looking for the nostalgia feel you should go to The Phoenix Municipal Stadium, Scottsdale Stadium, Tempe Diablo and Hohokam Park. Camelback Ranch is an awesome experience within itself, but it is expensive for tickets. Goodyear is also great, but the grass seats are not that great. Maryvale is very under rated, but the only bad thing about the stadium is the neighborhood, I would go to a day game if you do decide to go. I hope this helps, I am someone who has been to every stadium and has had a great experience within them all.

Cactus League Map

Thanks alot guys we hadn't even thought of Peoria Sports Complex but we will definately try to get there.

Also thanks about the info on the Coyotes game I thought some of those nosebleeds were kind of steeply priced.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Thanks alot guys we hadn't even thought of Peoria Sports Complex but we will definately try to get there.

Also thanks about the info on the Coyotes game I thought some of those nosebleeds were kind of steeply priced.

Yeah if you can only hit 5 I'd go to Phoenix Muni, Tempe Diablo, Peoria Sports Complex, Surprise, and Salt River Fields in that order. Phoenix is the epitome of what spring training used to be (and why wouldn't it, being the oldest and least renovated stadium), plus it has a nice outfield view. Tempe shows what one of the old places can be with a little love and renovation (not to mention it's got the prettiest view in spring training bar none). Peoria is a must being the first of the new style 2 team parks, and is very easy to get to and enjoy even on a popular game. Surprise is one of the newer 2 team parks, and is a very nice little park that feels like what spring training should in my opinion (it's just the right size and design). And Salt River is a must being the newest park, it's a monster. Salt River feels less like a spring training park and more like an honest to god MLB park that just happens to be a little smaller (also if you've got a big ass it's has the biggest seats I've ever sat in at a park).

My only other advice would be to make sure to get seats under the overhangs during day games. You won't smell like sunscreen and won't sweat your butt off. I just did 5 games in 3 days this year (Phoenix, Peoria, Hohokam, Salt River, and Surprise), and Surprise was just way too hot out down the line.

My only other advice would be to make sure to get seats under the overhangs during day games. You won't smell like sunscreen and won't sweat your butt off. I just did 5 games in 3 days this year (Phoenix, Peoria, Hohokam, Salt River, and Surprise), and Surprise was just way too hot out down the line.

Today would possibly be the perfect time to do it. Today is supposed to be a nice high of 67 and the weather should be gorgeous the rest of the way. But although this is perfect weather for us at this time

Archived