Odd mistake on Portland Timbers jersey on opening night

nitroseed

It's one thing to have misspelled names or team names on a jersey or shirt, it's another to get the flag wrong.

If it isn't your language, I could see getting the names misspelled. If it isn't your flag, I could see putting it on the wrong way. If I worked somewhere sewing foreign flags onto clothing, I can guarantee I wouldn't get them all right.

Especially if you were sewing flags of Ireland, Cote D'Ivoire, Indonesia, Poland, or Monaco. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

It's one thing to have misspelled names or team names on a jersey or shirt, it's another to get the flag wrong.

If it isn't your language, I could see getting the names misspelled. If it isn't your flag, I could see putting it on the wrong way. If I worked somewhere sewing foreign flags onto clothing, I can guarantee I wouldn't get them all right.

Especially if you were sewing flags of Ireland, Cote D'Ivoire, Indonesia, Poland, or Monaco. ^_^

Or Romania and Chad.

You know, Infrared might be on to something with his whole theory that the latest crop of newbies only care about raising their post count. How else would you explain YessSir and Jahgee's derailing of the thread?

On topic, that is indeed pretty odd. Of course, real sticklers for the flag rules would tell you that the real mess-up was displaying the flag on a sports uniform at all.

I honestly don't care about my post count. I was simply commenting on the topic.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

You know, Infrared might be on to something with his whole theory that the latest crop of newbies only care about raising their post count. How else would you explain YessSir and Jahgee's derailing of the thread?

On topic, that is indeed pretty odd. Of course, real sticklers for the flag rules would tell you that the real mess-up was displaying the flag on a sports uniform at all.

I honestly don't care about my post count. I was simply commenting on the topic.

I don't care about my post count either.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Are you implying that Adidas doesn't make its MLS jerseys in the United States?! :shocked:

But even so, why wear them in a game that way? If the equipment manager or whoever saw that, they should have just been ripped off. Better no flag than an upside-down one.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

If MLS is so inclined to have the American and Canadian flags on their kits, then they should consider improving the MLS logo to incorporate elements from these two countries instead. As a matter of fact, a few users (I forgot who specifically) on these boards, have developed exceptional logos that did follow this route.

But even so, why wear them in a game that way? If the equipment manager or whoever saw that, they should have just been ripped off. Better no flag than an upside-down one.

That's a much better question. But then you're assuming someone saw it. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say no one saw it so it wasn't noticed to be fixed.

Yeah, I can honestly say I've seen mispelled player names, misspelled city or team names, but never an upside-down flag. Nice find.

And thanks to whoever did that reference on the Juns post. Not me, I swear....but I'm honored to be referenced in an almost threadjack. Lol. (bow)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Why does the MLS need American flags on their sleeves? Same with the flag on NFL helmets? You're not representing your country, you're representing your team at a domestic level.

One more is flags on each NBA backboard

I think it's cause they've had them there since 2001 showing support after 9/11. just a thought

Archived