Logos you Dislike, but Still Respect

kmw_29

The Montreal Canadiens' CH. One of the worst logos I've ever seen, but so much history makes it untouchable.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. To me the Devils' logo is timeless, while the Flyers' looks completely outdated. It looks like something that was cool and state of the art in the '60s, but not now.

Agree with this statement 100%. Especially concerning the logo with the curved wings.

This topic doesn't make any sense. When evaluating a design, how can you dislike it but still "respect" it? If you dislike it, then there's obviously things that you would do to improve or change it if given the chance.

agreed. are we talking about logos that are just okay?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

First thing that came to mind was the Yankees primary logo. The Yankees are probably never gonna have any sort of red in their uniforms, yet it dominates their primary logo. It makes sense that a team named the Yankees would have such a patriotic logo, but that logo doesn't fit what they wear on the field...but it'll probably never get changed.

I remember someone (think it was ColorWerx) did a simple recolor of the Yankees logo, changing the red into navy and the logo looked SO much better.

The U. I hate Miami so very much, but I have to respect the history of that football program. Everyone knows what you're talking about when you throw the U up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

First thing that came to mind was the Yankees primary logo. The Yankees are probably never gonna have any sort of red in their uniforms, yet it dominates their primary logo. It makes sense that a team named the Yankees would have such a patriotic logo, but that logo doesn't fit what they wear on the field...but it'll probably never get changed.

I remember someone (think it was ColorWerx) did a simple recolor of the Yankees logo, changing the red into navy and the logo looked SO much better.

Yep. I agree completely... The Yankees current primary is what came to mind for me also when I saw the title of this thread.

90758391980.gif

The U. I hate Miami so very much, but I have to respect the history of that football program. Everyone knows what you're talking about when you throw the U up.

So then it's teams that you hate but who's logos you like?

Or logos you hate but accept won't get changed?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, you can't see the logo without thinking of Miami, so there is some amount of dislike there. There's much respect, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, you can't see the logo without thinking of Miami, so there is some amount of dislike there. There's much respect, though.

If you allow a dumb sports bias to affect your aesthetic judgement, then perhaps you shouldn't be discussing logos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not just the color red. The primary logo is red, white, and royal blue while their uniforms are fully navy and white.

Even though it's considered untouchable to some and even though it's been around since 1936, I wouldn't feel like they threw away 100 years of history if they tweeked it up juuuust a little bit in real life. I never liked those old and dated baseball stitches on the ball. They should do like the Red Sox and Rangers and make them nicer and sleeker. Has anybody ever made a concept like that?

It's not just the color red. The primary logo is red, white, and royal blue while their uniforms are fully navy and white.

Even though it's considered untouchable to some and even though it's been around since 1936, I wouldn't feel like they threw away 100 years of history if they tweeked it up juuuust a little bit in real life. I never liked those old and dated baseball stitches on the ball. They should do like the Red Sox and Rangers and make them nicer and sleeker. Has anybody ever made a concept like that?

If I didn't collect baseball cards as a kid, I probably wouldn't know that the Yankees logo isn't one of the interlocking NYs. A CWx-esque adjustment to the logo would hardly IMO be a monumental change, especially considering that there have been different versions used over the years.

I actually like all the Yankees logos and Im not a fan of them as a team at all. The way the Y fits into the N is very aesthetically appealing to me. I like everything about the primary too except the seems on the ball. I like how they have red in the logo but none on the jerseys. It's unique and it works.

But the one logo I can't imagine not being used, as others have said, is the Lakers. I think it needs tweaking . They have modern looking jerseys and even their secondary is a nice variation of the primary. So if they were to make the primary in the same style as the secondary, it'd be better and still keep the general look of the classic logo.

In the NFL, the Steelers' logo is pretty bad when you think about it, but I can't imagine them with anything else.

In the NHL, the Islanders. It looks like a bunch of stuff thrown together badly. I think it needs an update but still keepin the general look. I also think the Blackhawks need an update.

In the MLB, the Braves logo isn't your typical baseball logo and the tomahawk needs work, but again, I cant imagine them with anything else. Some might say the Dodgers logo, but I love that logo for some reason.

This topic doesn't make any sense. When evaluating a design, how can you dislike it but still "respect" it? If you dislike it, then there's obviously things that you would do to improve or change it if given the chance.

You have a pretty closed mind don't you?

I understand what the O.P. is saying.

You may want to change things in the logo, you may think the logo is awful, but said logo has been around so long and has such history and great teams behind it, changing it is kind of verboten. So you respect that history behind the logo, even if it isn't what you think is the best...

If that's the case, then the New York Islanders logo it is. Ugly, crammed, poorly designed, but damn it, it has character and history.

You have a pretty closed mind don't you?

You're forming that opinion based on what?

I understand what the O.P. is saying.

You may want to change things in the logo, you may think the logo is awful, but said logo has been around so long and has such history and great teams behind it, changing it is kind of verboten. So you respect that history behind the logo, even if it isn't what you think is the best...

If that's the case, then the New York Islanders logo it is. Ugly, crammed, poorly designed, but damn it, it has character and history.

I'll give you crammed and poorly designed but that logo still looks great in spite of its flaws.

On an unrelated note, Nash 61...

What is your avatar from? I keep seeing that on these boards and I don't get it. Thanks in advance!

I'll give you crammed and poorly designed but that logo still looks great in spite of its flaws.

On an unrelated note, Nash 61...

What is your avatar from? I keep seeing that on these boards and I don't get it. Thanks in advance!

Please, allow me.

It?s Friday, Friday

Gotta get down on Friday

Everybody?s lookin? forward to the weekend, weekend

Friday, Friday

Gettin? down on Friday

Everybody?s lookin? forward to the weekend!

Archived