Mets Players Dislike Black Unis?

TBGKon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Black? Read this for the official reason why the Mets added black. (3rd paragraph). It was added as a style element after the marketing staff did research to see what was popular in the market place. That is the real reason. End of discussion.

Hopefully their research team was replaced. That "style element" was a massive FAIL for the Mets. I've never come across a fan that liked it. Same applies to the Oakland A's.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Why Black? Read this for the official reason why the Mets added black. (3rd paragraph). It was added as a style element after the marketing staff did research to see what was popular in the market place. That is the real reason. End of discussion.

Hopefully their research team was replaced. That "style element" was a massive FAIL for the Mets. I've never come across a fan that liked it. Same applies to the Oakland A's.

Yeah I don't know any Met fan who likes the black currently. But back then I'll admit I thought it was cool, I don't know why.

3535rx3.jpg

Yeah I don't know any Met fan who likes the black currently. But back then I'll admit I thought it was cool, I don't know why.

As stupid as the black uniforms are, I'm not sure about that. I see an awful lot of black when it comes to Met fans in my town.

I've said it a million times and I've said it again, I hate the black uniforms, but I like the black hats with the blue brim and I kinda like the black trim on the away uniforms. I wouldn't shed a tear if they ditched the hat on the field and kept it as a fashion hat, however

Oh, and thanks for reminding me I gotta pick up a new blue hat the next time I'm at the mall :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Why did they think this was a good idea? None looked good on the field and all looked horrible in casual closes as well.

Cause that was the style in the 90's, everyone wore black society started to then sport teams adapt to society. The current style is vintage, everywhere i look now i see kids wearing cloths with faded and old school logos on them. So teams in every sport are going back to the old school look, "Golden State Warriors," "Twins" "Chargers" "A's" with there new yellows this year, "Mariners" with the teal, "Utah Jazz." The Mets started with the cream and getting away of there old black road alts with New York. Ten years from now there will be a new fad that will then eventually take over sports as well.

3535rx3.jpg

Thank you, Ink.

I also remember the Mets being surprisingly candid when black was added (must have been Doubleday's influence there). In one breath they were paying homage to the Giants, in the next openly bowing to the marketplace, including the fashion market, meaning non-fans.

I remember buying a black Mets hat when they were first introduced *shrug*

So I guess they were successful. Still, the fad's run its course.

This, I think, is the perfect Mets set.

NYMets.png

Yes. The pinstripe alt and a blue alt with orange (or white) piping like on the home and away with one of the scripts or the NY on the left chest are the only the alts that would look good. No alt hat either. The all blue would work with all.

Btw, there is no black on the homes and away other than the drop shadow. The piping is blue on both, it just appears darker when worn with black caps. Now they wear black undershirts and socks but the shadows are the only on the actual jerseys (and pants).

Normally, I would agree with you because pullovers and the like look corny, but it's the Mets. Pretty much everything they do is corny, from the horrid rap anthem they used a few years back, to the "Mercury Mets" for the TATC promotion, to "Meet the Mets," Yogi Berra's "Yogiisms," etc. Corny works for them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Normally, I would agree with you because pullovers and the like look corny, but it's the Mets. Pretty much everything they do is corny, from the horrid rap anthem they used a few years back, to the "Mercury Mets" for the TATC promotion, to "Meet the Mets," Yogi Berra's "Yogiisms," etc. Corny works for them.

Not really. Ditch all the black and they look great, problem solved.

Not really. Ditch all the black and they look great, problem solved.

Agreed. Add blue alt. and blue and orange cap too.

3535rx3.jpg

Archived