Beginning of an NHL project

lancebridwell

I'm going to attempt to re-design the NHL. Up first, Tampa Bay

1. Tampa Bay Lightning

First, I'd like to say I hate the new logo design, and I'm not a big fan of their current logo. But combined with a few alterations, I came up with this. I really don't like silver, although it represented the stormy/cloudy sky. I left it to three colors, and haven't yet designed the jerseys, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

2r6dsnp.gif

C&C ?

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

@Griffin - Yes, I can't seem to find a decent hockey template however.

@JackFr - I was thinking about doing that, but I didn't want it to look too cluttered and mashed up.

Thicker lines will actually make it look less cluttered and more professional.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

The point in the logo is a bit long, and it throws the balance off.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Should I round off the bottom?

No, just bring it to a point sooner so that it's not as long.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

Perfect

2. Florida Panthers

Nothing really spectacular here, I have always hated the puss yellow panther, and so I went with what I thought was the "original" panther, but it's only featured on anniversary badges, which makes no sense, seeing as the colors make it look more like a panther. Also, I thought the Tree/Stick looked like it was missing something. So, I took the god awful baby blue FLA patch, removed the clipart sun, and voila! Again, nothing spectacular, I'd just like to see what you guys think I should do.

am5l60.gif

C&C?

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

The colors are a bit dull to me, but not horrible (maybe brighten up the red?). One change I'd really recommend it to stick with the original alternate logo. The "FLA" is just awful (unless, of course the Panthers are trying to spark some sort of rivalry with the Kings...), IMO.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

It must a real difference to you Jack, because my contrast it really differentiating.

What JackFrost is talking about is that thin black outline. The majority of logos that have white space of an outline with a darker thinner outline outside of it will not look right. On your black jersey this thin black outline disappears so it looks better, however it looks like a different logo than the one on the white jersey becase of this. Logos have some kind of light outline when place over a darker background, such as a jersey. I would personally take that black out, but if you like it, make it thicker.

On your Panther set, the wordmark Florida Panthers has a white outline to separate it from the gray background, which is how it should be, your other logos do not have this outline which makes them look totally different than the wordmark.

Archived