Alternate Jeseys that will see action in the NHL playoffs

Morgan33

Its almost playoff time and I thought it'd be appropriate to speculate about which teams will don alternate jerseys instead of their primaries. In the past this trend has directly foreshadowed changes to the teams main jerseys. Here a few a examples.

Sabres wearing the third with the updated classic logo in the 2009 playoffs before making it the full time home with a corresponding white

Canucks wearing Blue in and green in 2007 playoffs before switching back to that scheme

The Wild wearing their Iron Range Red Alts in the 2007 before making it the permanent home.

The Mighty Ducks wearing their black word heavy alternates in 2006 before rebranding around a similar design.

We already know the Kings will wear their Gretzky era colours at home. Which teams will join?

My bet is the Ducks will wear their the new alt with D logo and the Lightning will wear their blue "Bolts" jersey since its the only one that will be sticking around.

The Preds will probably wear their soon to be primary home blue and black alternates.

I wouldn't put it past the Rangers to wear their navy, red, and cream fauxbacks. Not to foreshadow a future switch, just to continue the 85th Anniversary celebration into the post-season.

My bet is the Ducks will wear their the new alt with D logo

My money's on that too. It's been heavily promoted all season long - from the Ducks Skills Competition to a hospital visit to a Christmas video to Wild Wing wearing it at the All Star game to the team photo being taken in that jersey, wearing it in the playoffs is only the next logical step. And I'm all for it. :D

Assuming the Ducks do make the playoffs, that is.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Preds will probably wear their soon to be primary home blue and black alternates.

I wouldn't put it past the Rangers to wear their navy, red, and cream fauxbacks. Not to foreshadow a future switch, just to continue the 85th Anniversary celebration into the post-season.

I'd think they'd wear them at home if they played a Sunday game or faced-off vs. and Original Six team (that's the trend thus far this season since the unveiling except for the time they changed it up and went white at home on a Sunday vs. Philly).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

There are pics of white versions floating around on the web.

Weren't those created as one-offs for a team fan fest or something?

Indeed. The Predators have been very clear about that white jersey not being part of the system next season.

There are pics of white versions floating around on the web.

Weren't those created as one-offs for a team fan fest or something?

Indeed. The Predators have been very clear about that white jersey not being part of the system next season.

Yep. The Predators will have brand new Home and Away jerseys next year with the logo remaining unchanged. A good bet would be more traditional simplified versions of their current jerseys (think pre-edge) possibly with a yellow road.

I'd think they'd wear them at home if they played a Sunday game or faced-off vs. and Original Six team (that's the trend thus far this season since the unveiling except for the time they changed it up and went white at home on a Sunday vs. Philly).

I thought the NHL rule was that you can wear an alt in the post season, but you have to wear it for all your games (no switching up.) If this is the case, I doubt the Rangers would abandon their traditional blues for an entire run.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the NHL rule was that you can wear an alt in the post season, but you have to wear it for all your games (no switching up.)

I thought so too but in 2007 the Canucks wore both their Vintage Blue and Whites and their Navy, Silver & Burgundy jerseys at Home switching sporadically between the two.

If this is the case, I doubt the Rangers would abandon their traditional blues for an entire run.

What? 5 Games? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the NHL rule was that you can wear an alt in the post season, but you have to wear it for all your games (no switching up.)

I thought so too but in 2007 the Canucks wore both their Vintage Blue and Whites and their Navy, Silver & Burgundy jerseys at Home switching sporadically between the two.

If this is the case, I doubt the Rangers would abandon their traditional blues for an entire run.

The Rangers are going to go two rounds and at least make it to a Game 6 in one of them?

Actually, I'm not sure it is a rule. Back in 2007, both the Canucks and Sabres switched up their jerseys at home between their standard home and the their alternate (at the time).

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Rangers are going to go two rounds and at least make it to a Game 6 in one of them?

Actually, I'm not sure it is a rule. Back in 2007, both the Canucks and Sabres switched up their jerseys at home between their standard home and the their alternate (at the time).

I meant how many games in total they'd play not how many they'd wear the heritage jersey.

Buffalo wore their throwbacks in the 2007 playoffs??

It's pure speculation, but I'll bet that the Thrashers players will be wearing these while watching the playoffs on TV:

AtlantaThrashers_JFV3_2009-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

(No offense to Thrashers fans...I just wanted an excuse to present the official Thrashers alt jersey in all its glory!)

I meant how many games in total they'd play not how many they'd wear the heritage jersey.

Buffalo wore their throwbacks in the 2007 playoffs??

game 5 vs the isles and game 5 vs the sens from what i remember

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

San Jose will be wearing their alternate black jerseys.

Worst jerseys in the league. Completely pointless.

I agree that it's a bad move. The Sharks own teal in the NHL, it's a shame to see it be cast out for the playoffs. All 3 California teams get in and all 3 will look about the same. Awesome. <_<

Archived