Alternate Jeseys that will see action in the NHL playoffs

Morgan33

It's pure speculation, but I'll bet that the Thrashers players will be wearing these while watching the playoffs on TV:

AtlantaThrashers_JFV3_2009-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

(No offense to Thrashers fans...I just wanted an excuse to present the official Thrashers alt jersey in all its glory!)

no offense taken. this season has been a joke just like that damn jersey.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I don't understand Sharks brass going with black jerseys for the playoffs. I really don't get it. The whole fanbase identifies with the color teal. They have sayings like, "unified in teal" and they're going to wear black with no almost teal on it. Odd decision.

It would feel wrong if the Sharks finally bring it all together and win the cup, but then are dressed in black jerseys and socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

First of all, the irony of the man in the flowery suits saying something doesn't look intimidating enough is palpable. Second, if Don Cherry tells you that you should do something then you do the exact opposite.

No wonder the Sharks always bow out early, they've been using Don Cherry as a consultant.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don Cherry ripped the Sharks last playoffs, for saying they did not look intimidating enough wearing the teal, and suggested they wear black instead. I really feel this had a lot to do with this.

If I was going to cater to a person's opinion about fashion, Don Cherry would not be that person.

And for the record, I really do like the Sharks' black jerseys, mostly because of the full-body shark as the crest.

Don Cherry ripped the Sharks last playoffs, for saying they did not look intimidating enough wearing the teal, and suggested they wear black instead. I really feel this had a lot to do with this.

If I was going to cater to a person's opinion about fashion, Don Cherry would not be that person.

And for the record, I really do like the Sharks' black jerseys, mostly because of the full-body shark as the crest.

True, the full body shark does look good.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Niemi and Niittymaki both have alternate masks they wear with the black uniforms.

I hope we wear our thirds, but I doubt we will.

What would be ideal is if the Canucks wore the Thirds and Home and the 40th Anniversary jerseys on the road.

I agree the Sharks decision to wear Black is a bad move. Especially considering their teal jerseys are far and away the best of their current set.

Do we have any proof that San Jose is going to where black yet? All I've seen so far is one point saying they will without any sources.

http://www.facebook.com/SanJoseSharks/posts/10150153905267669

That will do. Now I'll agree with everyone here about how this is a bad decision.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Ducks are wearing their 3rds in the playoffs. Nice!!!!

Still not crazy about the overall look of those unis (mainly the socks) but I dig that "D" logo front and center.

As for the Sharks.? I agree, the sharks' teal jerseys are the best. Wearing the dull blacks is a bad move. Hopefully the Kings will knock them out of the first round. Then maybe they will feel the blacks are jinxed and embrace the teals again in future playoffs.

The Catch of the Day!

Ducks are wearing their 3rds in the playoffs. Nice!!!!

I knew it!

These will become their primaries mark my words. Can't wait so see the white version.

I hope so too. Isn't Anaheim located in "Orange County"? If so, it would make sense to switch to those. Right now, their current jerseys are so bland, when compared to their much more colorfull alternate. It would also set them apart from the Kings a bit more.

ANaheim should also ditch the triangular side panels on those. And the socks are awful.

San Jose has never had a good looking black alternate. They've all looked like ass.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I have to say that the Sharks Kings game last night looked like absolute crap from a jersey standpoint. Not much the Kings can do about their whites but San Jose's decision to wear those generic, front numbered atrocities with the cartoon shark is mindboggling.

Archived