2011 Final Four

GriffinM6

They did look at Sean, but he essentially told them to GTFO.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You look at the tree...not the apple which falls from it. Dayton went after him, rather than NC State, for a reason. The same reason why your Wildcats went after Mike Stoops, and not Bob in football. Hopefully, your mind can grasp that analogy since it has an Arizona feel to it.

You look at the tree...not the apple which falls from it. Dayton went after him, rather than NC State, for a reason. The same reason why your Wildcats went after Mike Stoops, and not Bob in football. Hopefully, your mind can grasp that analogy since it has an Arizona feel to it.

Man, dfwabel, that's uncharacteristically deep. You usually just rapid fire insults and put downs. But this works too... ^_^

25yzwqg.png

As I mentioned in the general College BBall thread, the big issue facing NC State is the person doing the hiring. No one wants to work for Debbie Yow. She pretty much fought with every coach at Maryland including the ones she hired. Her relationship with Gary Williams was notoriously bad. During the 2007 season she basically had an Associate AD call up the Washington Post and bad mouth Williams (on the record BTW). That was completely unprofessional and whether she ordered it or not she set the culture for that to happen, even if Gary himself had been a bit unprofessional in the matter. The last couple of years the Women's assistant coaches made more than the Men's assistants. On a smaller scale her last coaching hire at Maryland was for a new lacrosse coach and it went similar to how this NC State coaching search went. She has a terrible reputation.

Combined that with also having to play 3rd fiddle to Duke and UNC (and sometimes 4th to Wake) and that job is a terrible job. Especially when you consider in Basketball you can have success at a "mid-major"

As I mentioned in the general College BBall thread, the big issue facing NC State is the person doing the hiring. No one wants to work for Debbie Yow. She pretty much fought with every coach at Maryland including the ones she hired. Her relationship with Gary Williams was notoriously bad. During the 2007 season she basically had an Associate AD call up the Washington Post and bad mouth Williams (on the record BTW). That was completely unprofessional and whether she ordered it or not she set the culture for that to happen, even if Gary himself had been a bit unprofessional in the matter. The last couple of years the Women's assistant coaches made more than the Men's assistants. On a smaller scale her last coaching hire at Maryland was for a new lacrosse coach and it went similar to how this NC State coaching search went. She has a terrible reputation.

Combined that with also having to play 3rd fiddle to Duke and UNC (and sometimes 4th to Wake) and that job is a terrible job. Especially when you consider in Basketball you can have success at a "mid-major"

The last NC State search in 2006 was much more public and Lee Fowler screwed that one up. Barnes, Calipari, Lavin, and John Beilein were all offered then and turned the job down before settling on Lowe 34 days later. Barnes is from Hickory, NC and turned it down again. Yow might be a problem, but the actual job is more of an issue as you are #3 in the Triangle with 19,000 seats to fill.

It's official....my joke bracket scored more points than the bracket I was being serious with...

Same... 600 to 570

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is just a real letdown. IMO this was the least appealing finals match-up, and oh boy, has this game sure has been unappealing. Connecticut looks so disinterested, and Butler cannot take advantage and instead are content with jacking up NBA-depth 3 pointers. Ugh.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This is unbelievable. Un-freaking-believable.

The simplest way to put this: UConn isn't beating Butler; Butler is beating themselves. 17% FG shooting, and TWO points in the paint by 4:56 left in the game. WOW.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is unbelievable. Un-freaking-believable.

The simplest way to put this: UConn isn't beating Butler; Butler is beating themselves. 17% FG shooting, and TWO points in the paint by 4:56 left in the game. WOW.

I wouldn't go that far. A pretty big part about why they had no points in the paint is because Oriakhe and company are blocking just about everything inside and are dominating the boards, so Butler doesn't get any easy putbacks. UConn missed an awful lot of open shots in that first half, so it goes both ways. Connecticut's bigs are too big and athletic inside for Butler.

IUe6Hvh.png

Seriously Jim Nantz?

In the last 30 seconds I think I heard "UConn is the top dog," "they came into a dog fight," and "Huskies are best in show"

Were you saving all those for the end? Couldn't have thrown those around earlier haha.

Anyways. Glad that ordeal is over.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived