2011 Final Four

GriffinM6

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really is an awful game. If I wasn't a UConn fan it'd be nearly unwatchable.

Is it just me or has this game looked like a couple of bad high school teams? I don't have a horse in this race so I put the game on my secondary TV and switched my main "feed" to Pirates - Cardinals. The NC game was just too awful to warrant my full attention.

Back when I wasn't really following the NBA I didn't think there was that big a difference between college ball and the NBA. This year I've been watching the NBA regularly. Now I can't believe how huge the gap is between the two. No offense to any of our college hoops fans, but what I've seen of this tournament has been at best bearable and at worst simply some of the worst basketball I've ever watched. Tonight's game is definitely the latter. I'd rather watch Cavs- Wizards than have to sit through any more of this.

BB52Big.jpg

This is just a real letdown. IMO this was the least appealing finals match-up, and oh boy, has this game sure has been unappealing. Connecticut looks so disinterested, and Butler cannot take advantage and instead are content with jacking up NBA-depth 3 pointers. Ugh.

They got beat by a younger and more tired team (11 games in 27 days).

I hope UConn's fans enjoy raising their banner as much as the rest of us will enjoy seeing them having to take it down later.

We will. You, however, will be waiting for a long time, methinks.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I've Came to a conclusion, every team Lights Out roots for loses period. LIGHTS OUT dont watch the playoffs please and don't root for cinderella, the jets, knicks, or mets in the near future. Thanks

Heh, I feel the same way myself.

I'd say "Go Mets" but they don't need my help to lose. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I've Came to a conclusion, every team Lights Out roots for loses period. LIGHTS OUT dont watch the playoffs please and don't root for cinderella, the jets, knicks, or mets in the near future. Thanks

:cursing:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That. Was. Awful.

Yep...so hard to watch, especially hard to watch UConn win, Butler deserved it more.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This is unbelievable. Un-freaking-believable.

The simplest way to put this: UConn isn't beating Butler; Butler is beating themselves. 17% FG shooting, and TWO points in the paint by 4:56 left in the game. WOW.

I wouldn't go that far. A pretty big part about why they had no points in the paint is because Oriakhe and company are blocking just about everything inside and are dominating the boards, so Butler doesn't get any easy putbacks. UConn missed an awful lot of open shots in that first half, so it goes both ways. Connecticut's bigs are too big and athletic inside for Butler.

I'm not saying UConn wasn't playing good defense by any means, but honestly, how many shots from less than 10 feet out made it past a UConn defender and rimmed out? Not to mention a few timely free throws missed that, if anything, would have given Butler at least a smidgeon of confidence.

If Butler makes the inside shots that get past the defenders, we have a completely different story here. I hate to say it because I really admire that team, but that was honestly the worst offensive output I've ever seen.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That. Was. Awful.

Yep...so hard to watch, especially hard to watch UConn win, Butler deserved it more.

If Butler deserved it more they wouldn't have shot 18% from the field. Nobody deserves to win when you do that.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

What a miserable game. I don't mind low-scoring if there's amazing defense or something, but that was just garbage. Terrible, awful game of basketball. I hate myself for watching it. And the team I wanted to win lost too (not that it hurt my feelings too badly or anything). Just a terrible experience all around. And heck, I can get over a bad game if there's at least an interesting ending or it's close or something. No such luck here.

And this is where I wonder to myself, "Was Lights Out, at any time around February and up to now, a closet Jazz fan?" :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I hope UConn's fans enjoy raising their banner as much as the rest of us will enjoy seeing them having to take it down later.

We will. You, however, will be waiting for a long time, methinks.

Not really. Calhoun is now a known cheater.

If referencing a two-year-old story is all you've got, then your case is really weak. Try harder next time.

Sodboy13 said:

A win is a win. 182 people in the pool and I came out on top. Cha. Ching. Not sure how much, but definitely 4-figures.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thank goodness you aren't a Lakers fan. Or an Ohio State fan. Or a Browns fan. B)

BB52Big.jpg

That. Was. Awful.

Yeah, right. Butler played terribly and UConn played better. In conclusion, UConn deserved it more because they were the better team.

1-Jim Nantz went to UH and still has a house in Houston. He is a homer for them.

2- Nantz also has a house in Conn. and his divorce proves that.

Worst game since when? 1980? UCLA/Louisville was then and that was before the 3 point era.

This title game did have a 9-9 Big East team against a Butler team who was 6-5 and finished 13-5 in the Horizon League. We do not always get the best two teams, we got the better two teams in a three week span.

Calhoun will not retire now. He will wait the week before the next season starts then retire so he can have his hand-picked guy in place for the next season and screw the AD.

How was Butler even winning at the half? God this game sucked! The only thing that could've made this worse is if Billy Packer had worked it.

UConn will be stripped of the title three years from now, so this ugly game will be properly erased.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived