Color schemes that are never used

GriffinM6

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sand and Dark Blue is used a lot actually.

Padres

Brewers

Rams

And all of those colors seem like 2 completely random colors you threw together for the heck of it.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

yeah, a poll doesn't apply to this very well. People need to be adding their own ideas in. Also, schemes like yellow and orange are just way too bright. I'm glad that's not used as a color scheme. Personally, I think more green and gold and green and blue need to be out there, even though some teams use it.

I also think brown is really underused. Could go really well with a gold, sand, or khaki.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

my absolute favorite color scheme (not just in sports, but in everything) is brown, red, and gold.

hell, even just brown and red with off-white works.

St. Lawrence University uses Crimson and Brown, and within 10 minutes someone pointed out that it's the colors of "a poop gone wrong" (can I say that? is it going to get censored?). It doesn't look bad...but once someone says that, it can never be unsaid. Sorry.

my absolute favorite color scheme (not just in sports, but in everything) is brown, red, and gold.

St. Lawrence University uses Crimson and Brown, and within 10 minutes someone pointed out that it's the colors of "a poop gone wrong" (can I say that? is it going to get censored?). It doesn't look bad...but once someone says that, it can never be unsaid. Sorry.

that's likely the main reason why brown is so rare in sports anyway... because people are stupid.

are the chiefs a pee gone wrong?

that's likely the main reason why brown is so rare in sports anyway... because people are stupid.

are the chiefs a pee gone wrong?

Never thought of that. If I hated the Chiefs, I might use that lol. Seriously though, how many Cleveland Browns jokes and comments reference brown and fecal matter? It probably IS the primary reason why it isn't used very often, childish or not.

Rather than "not used", these are under-used.

• Light blue and orange (Lady Vols)
  • Brown and light blue
  • brown and orange (late 1980s Padres)
  • Burgundy and light blue (LMU)
  • Green and Red with nothing else (X-mas Devils)
  • Multi-tone green (1980s Bucks)
  • Orange and red (or whatever the creamsicle Bucs scheme was)
  • Red and yellow with nothing else (1980s Flames)
  • Green and gray (1970s-early 80s eagles)
  • burgundy and gray (Montana)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Brown University...brown and red. With a little black.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

green and red like the rabbitohs!

leaguesandow_wideweb__470x289,0.jpg

im a diehard fan btw

also shouldn't this be in 'Sports Logos' not 'Concepts'?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Someone upthread mentioned double-green. I don't know if the creator is still amongst the CreamerNation here, but hidden somewhere deep, deep within the depths of these exists a concept for a fictional team nocknamed the Tobacco Leafs (I forget what locale was used), created some years back. Not only did that concept use double-green, it used triple[/] green...and it was smokin' hot.

As for my two rusted Lincolns...not only is green sorely missing from the landscape of sports, but a particular variation I'd love to see some team take a stab at...olive drab, probably known much better to the masses as "army green". That became a hot color for fall & winter fashion this past year, which probably woulda been a prime time for some team (or some concept) to cash in on it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived