Color schemes that are never used

GriffinM6

Someone upthread mentioned double-green. I don't know if the creator is still amongst the CreamerNation here, but hidden somewhere deep, deep within the depths of these exists a concept for a fictional team nocknamed the Tobacco Leafs (I forget what locale was used), created some years back. Not only did that concept use double-green, it used triple[/] green...and it was smokin' hot.

As for my two rusted Lincolns...not only is green sorely missing from the landscape of sports, but a particular variation I'd love to see some team take a stab at...olive drab, probably known much better to the masses as "army green". That became a hot color for fall & winter fashion this past year, which probably woulda been a prime time for some team (or some concept) to cash in on it.

That might have been a parody logo of the Toronto Marlies to the Toronto Marleys. You can guess what the imagery in this:

Toronto_Marlies.gif

was changed to.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red, white, and blue.

Red and black.

Dark blue, light blue, and gold.

Seriously, the complete absence of kelly green as a primary uniform color in American professional sports. The Canucks are doing their part by having it as a secondary color, but it really deserves more love.

Red, white, and blue.

Red and black.

Dark blue, light blue, and gold.

Seriously, the complete absence of kelly green as a primary uniform color in American professional sports. The Canucks are doing their part by having it as a secondary color, but it really deserves more love.

if anything red white and blue is overused :/

...not only is green sorely missing from the landscape of sports, but a particular variation I'd love to see some team take a stab at...olive drab, probably known much better to the masses as "army green". That became a hot color for fall & winter fashion this past year, which probably woulda been a prime time for some team (or some concept) to cash in on it.

Buc, I couldn't agree with you more, and the prime candidate is right here in the Big Easy- Tulane. In fact, their official color description is "olive green and sky blue", yet as far back as I can remember watching them, rather than an olive green or olive drab they've always worn a deep forest/hunter/pine green. If they went with their actual designation, they'd be a lot more unique and interesting.

Think this:

TULANE1.PNG

instead of this:

TULANE2.PNG

It is what it is.

Chrome football helmets. :P

I really think it's sad that Kelly Green has disappeared from the NFL. That's my top choice for an unused color. I hate the Eagles but they looked incredible in their throwbacks last season.

87Redskins.png

Archived