NFL "Colored" Fields

RedRenesis

Next up the Saints. A few points of note, I went with the old Saints gold, given the theme I think it looks better here then using the Vegas gold they currently use. Second, to increase the effect I went with the colored sidelines like is used in colleges. Third, I dont know if it had been picked up on by anyone in the first two concepts, but the main field color is actually a mix of four different shades, I did this to try and achieve some texture for the field and it not be a flat color. The base 'color' for the texture is the team color then the additional three colors are slightly lighter then that to achieve the effect, in this case with black being the base the lighter colors are into the charcoal gray area, which is why the field appears as such, and the black outline of the fleur de lis is still visible.

Overall I'm pleased with it, I think the massive logo works well with the large script in the endzones.

FICSaints.jpg

Coming up the 9ers, which should be interesting.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions on the Saints?

Looks pretty cool. [/hypocrisy] Wouldn't want to see it used in real life though.

Just so you know your gold on the saints is the old gold not the new one. I don't know if you meant it, but just pointing it out XD

Just so you know, as bolded above, his post explained his use of the Saints' original gold. You must be a pictures-only kind of person. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all just for a reference sake this is the Nebraska Danger's new field in Grand Island Nebraska. They are an indoor football team playing in the IFL-Indoor Football League. I just thought you all would enjoy.

FYI-the teams colors are Navy and Neon Green, so your guess is as good as mine on why the black turf...i guess it looks dangerous.

13833397_BG1.jpg

5508789611_ae82da7839.jpg

97Broncos.png

Next up on the menu, the 9ers. Comments about the concept, one, I tried to recreate a rough outline of the event level of Candlestick. Two, since the field is grass, the playing area has green spots throughout, and everything outside the sidelines is unpainted turf. Third, since the 49ers changed script logos this new one used in the endzone is ridiculously oversized imo, so it was scaled down and the return of the circular endzone logos was brought back. Four, with the use of the gold field lines, which surprisingly dont look bad, the only two endzone colors that became possible was the continuation of the red or black. Five, it has seemed to me for a number of years that Candlestick groundskeepers paint the field numbers spaced wider apart then most stadiums, I widened them on this two pixels for each number then what the template has, but I didnt quite achieve the same look as Candlestick.

FIC49ers.jpg

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Next, the Bucs, using the requested creamsicle. I promise nothing other then doing my best, and I may throw in a bonus one with the regular logo and colors for balance.

Next up on the menu, the 9ers. Comments about the concept, one, I tried to recreate a rough outline of the event level of Candlestick. Two, since the field is grass, the playing area has green spots throughout, and everything outside the sidelines is unpainted turf. Third, since the 49ers changed script logos this new one used in the endzone is ridiculously oversized imo, so it was scaled down and the return of the circular endzone logos was brought back. Four, with the use of the gold field lines, which surprisingly dont look bad, the only two endzone colors that became possible was the continuation of the red or black. Five, it has seemed to me for a number of years that Candlestick groundskeepers paint the field numbers spaced wider apart then most stadiums, I widened them on this two pixels for each number then what the template has, but I didnt quite achieve the same look as Candlestick.

FIC49ers.jpg

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Next, the Bucs, using the requested creamsicle. I promise nothing other then doing my best, and I may throw in a bonus one with the regular logo and colors for balance.

Red paint would eventually kill the grass, that's why officials here at Ohio State said that they didn't use it more on their field when we had natural grass. But for your concept, I like it.

The Niners might look better reversed (gold turf with red markings).

I can give that a try once I get the Bucs done.

Please, I think it would look better as well, looking forward to the Bucs though!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Here are the Bucs, non-creamsicle edition, I cant find enough graphics from that era to produce one yet. But I like the one I put together in its place, and for the purposes of this concept, RJ Stadium will use Field Turf. First, the massive center logo, in order to offset the size, I dialed down the coloring and textured the logo as if it was incorporated into the turf itself. Second, I would have liked to use something else in the endzones besides just the script, but it wasnt a happening thing, instead as a throw in they were added in on the sidelines. Third, I think the colors in this one really work well together, the bits of white together with the adjusted center field logo make this work well imo.

FICBucs.jpg

Thoughts, comments suggestions?

I think the next request was the Skins, I'll get started on that one when I can.

Why is the logo pink?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

no offense to your work, cause I think you did some good work here. Just the idea of having colored fields is idiotic. It gives off the perception that what Boise State does is okay. The "Smurf Turf" is the dumbest thing in college football and needs to be changed. I'd sure hope the NFL would have the presence of mind to not allow something like this to happen. But then again, if the NFL even plays again would be their first task to complete.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

Next up the Saints. A few points of note, I went with the old Saints gold, given the theme I think it looks better here then using the Vegas gold they currently use. Second, to increase the effect I went with the colored sidelines like is used in colleges. Third, I dont know if it had been picked up on by anyone in the first two concepts, but the main field color is actually a mix of four different shades, I did this to try and achieve some texture for the field and it not be a flat color. The base 'color' for the texture is the team color then the additional three colors are slightly lighter then that to achieve the effect, in this case with black being the base the lighter colors are into the charcoal gray area, which is why the field appears as such, and the black outline of the fleur de lis is still visible.

Overall I'm pleased with it, I think the massive logo works well with the large script in the endzones.

FICSaints.jpg

Coming up the 9ers, which should be interesting.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions on the Saints?

This looks even better than I imagined! Nice work!

gYH2mW9.png

no offense to your work, cause I think you did some good work here. Just the idea of having colored fields is idiotic. It gives off the perception that what Boise State does is okay. The "Smurf Turf" is the dumbest thing in college football and needs to be changed. I'd sure hope the NFL would have the presence of mind to not allow something like this to happen. But then again, if the NFL even plays again would be their first task to complete.

You think Boise it bad? Check this out:

Red.jpg

Also, regarding the NFL and colored fields, go back and read the first post in this thread on page 1. There is a link posted that you may be particularly interested in.

gYH2mW9.png

Why is the logo pink?

Yeah I thought that too, I was also hoping for a red field.

I tried to dial down the color intensity of the logo to compensate for the significantly larger size, and in a way blend it a bit with the color of the field. I'll try it again with a red field and see what I get.

You think Boise it bad? Check this out:

Red.jpg

Also, regarding the NFL and colored fields, go back and read the first post in this thread on page 1. There is a link posted that you may be particularly interested in.

True. But exactly my point. That looks awful. Boise's is horrible too. But that is no question the worst out there. Till someone does yellow, or something.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

Archived