Fort Lauderdale Strikers Crest & Kits Unveiled

fishheatcats

The new Strikers unveiled their primary logo/crest today as part of the city of Fort Lauderdale's 100th birthday celebration:

shapeimage_1.png

As a Strikers supporter I think it's pretty sharp. It has all the elements from the classic Strikers identity, with the sun, "Ft. Lauderdale" script and the "Strikers" and hoops from the jersey, only now in a proper shield. I especially dig the Fort Lauderdale beach wall/columns on the sides. Really nice local touch.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the "Football Club" on there, but I can live with it.

Also, they've totally outclassed both of the "Rowdies" NASL reboot attempts by a wide margin, which pleases the Tampa-hater in me:

20100210210001!FC_Tampa_Bay_Rowdies_logo.jpg200px-FC_Tampa_Bay_Rowdies_logo.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the columns, colors, hoops, sun and ball. But what's with that unused scroll along the bottom?

The "unused scroll along the bottom" is the continuation of the scroll from the words "football club" I believe.

Yeah I think so too.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is that the beach wall elements (which I think are a great touch) on each side stick out too far. I like that they tucked in the ball and sunburst from the old logo.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

I think it's fantastic, and is easily the class of the NASL. (Carolina's is also nice, but the rest are generally crap.)

Also, it appears that the NASL has quietly started using a new logo on its site, unless I just missed the announcement:

nasl-logo.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I came in here expecting the worst. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. That's a really classy logo that achieves my personal preference of being modern, yet keeping classic ties to the past. Great crest, like Mockba said, this is easily the best looking crest in the NASL.

I think it's fantastic, and is easily the class of the NASL. (Carolina's is also nice, but the rest are generally crap.)

Also, it appears that the NASL has quietly started using a new logo on its site, unless I just missed the announcement:

nasl-logo.png

The NASL logo is great too.

nasl-logo.png

They launched the new logo along with the new website and the new commish just today actually. Looks pretty sweet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The new Strikers kits were revealed tonight, I bought mine at the event:

frontsl.jpg

Not the same wide hoops as the original Strikers(see below for comparison), but not bad for a Joma template. They were working on a short timeframe to get the shirts done and these will do for year one I think. The road kits are all white with the crest centered and "Strikers" across the front in black, and the keeper shirt is light blue.

Strikers%2078%20Road%20Ray%20Hudson%20010_small.jpg

I really love this logo. The colors work together perfectly, the crest is aesthetically pleasing and the entire package is modern while incorporating the NASL history. I really hope this team becomes successful so we can see this logo for a long time. Bravo Ft. Lauderdale, you've got a great logo/kit package.

The crest looks great. The shirt, not so much. Having a black collar would've helped. It would've complemented the "STRIKERS" word mark and Joma logo to make them seem less pronounced...although if anything, other than the fact that it mimics the original uniform, directing attention to the team's name might've been the point all along.

I like it. Very well done indeed. That Tampa FC thing is a trainwreck, though. What kind of clip art disaster is that? Nevermind, Strikers crest I enjoy quite a bit.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

What the hell's going on with the left sleeve of that new Strikers shirt?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived