New Jersey Nets logo have new logo updated in 10-11

netsjazz

the Nets haven't confirmed that they'll be the "Nets" when they get to Brooklyn. And indications are that they won't be.

They're probably going to be called "International Brooklyn" or something, since that sounds like a soccer team, a stupid Jay-Z song, and has no semantic value. So it should be perfect for this team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fake or official ?

208796_10150147456258174_73812123173_6639140_534353_n.jpg

Fake.

Very nice, but fake.

First clue: the Nets haven't confirmed that they'll be the "Nets" when they get to Brooklyn. And indications are that they won't be.

I think its funny that we have 3 pages of people saying how bad the Nets logo is - especially because it does not depict a Net - and then here comes a concept thats better executed but with the same problem and people are loving it.

Unless any of the same people who made that point are praising this one, that's a little beside the point, isnt it? Every poster has his/her own opinion.

Fake or official ?

Fake.

Very nice, but fake.

First clue: the Nets haven't confirmed that they'll be the "Nets" when they get to Brooklyn. And indications are that they won't be.

I think its funny that we have 3 pages of people saying how bad the Nets logo is - especially because it does not depict a Net - and then here comes a concept thats better executed but with the same problem and people are loving it.

Unless any of the same people who made that point are praising this one, that's a little beside the point, isnt it? Every poster has his/her own opinion.

Wait a minute. What indications are there that the Nets are changing to something other than 'Nets' for 2012

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I personally have always though using Brooklyn instead of New York for the new Nets would be silly, but sounds great after remembering the Brooklyn Dodgers being a team name. Go borough naming!

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I'll cut you like an inch of slack because you appear to be a Maritimer, but remembering that there was a team called the Brooklyn Dodgers is sort of like remembering that televisions were in black and white once. How do you really forget?

I'm betting on "International Brooklyn" as the team name, possibly prefixed/suffixed with "BC" to be extra-annoying.

supposed filing with the patent & trademark office. I like it

bklyn3_large.jpg

ARTICLE LINK

Ugh, I hope not. Not only is it a weak logo (looks like something straight out of NBA Street Vol. 2), but I absolutely HATE city abbreviations* as part of a logo and/or uniform (like "PHX", "ATL", and "NOLA"). Just write out the whole dang city name or don't use it at all, you know?

*This of course does not include abbreviations like "LA" or "NY" for locations with a name consisting of more than one part.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wait a minute. What indications are there that the Nets are changing to something other than 'Nets' for 2012

Hasn't Prokhorov gone on record saying there's going to be a name change?

Fake or official ?

Fake.

Very nice, but fake.

Aside from the inclusion of a rim and lack of a net, the ball in this logo looks more like a baseball then a basketball. To me anyway *shrug*

As far as Nets logos that depict net-less basketball hoops go, it's better then the current version. Still not ideal, unfortunately.

Hasn't Prokhorov gone on record saying there's going to be a name change?

Fake or official ?

Fake.

Very nice, but fake.

Aside from the inclusion of a rim and lack of a net, the ball in this logo looks more like a baseball then a basketball. To me anyway *shrug*

As far as Nets logos that depict net-less basketball hoops go, it's better then the current version. Still not ideal, unfortunately.

I was thinking tennis ball.

87Redskins.png

I personally have always though using Brooklyn instead of New York for the new Nets would be silly, but sounds great after remembering the Brooklyn Dodgers being a team name. Go borough naming!

For what it's worth, the U.S. Post Office recognizes Brooklyn as an official 'city' name. (Same with Bronx and Staten Island. Only Manhattan is considered 'New York' city. Queens, for some reason, is considered multiple cities, by neigborhood.)

For what it's worth, the U.S. Post Office recognizes Brooklyn as an official 'city' name. (Same with Bronx and Staten Island. Only Manhattan is considered 'New York' city. Queens, for some reason, is considered multiple cities, by neigborhood.)

I hate when people who have no idea what NY is about think Brooklyn is "just" a borough. They think its like, say, the inner harber of Baltimore.

Brooklyn is a gigantic CITY. By itself, it would be one of the 5 biggest cities in AMERICA. it has its own identity seperate from Manhattan. A team that plays in Brooklyn should NOT be called New York.

And before someone says - well shouldn't the Jets and Giants be the New Jersey ____s or the Pistons be the Auburn Hills Pistons - NO.

The teams are named after the city/state/area they represent, which is not always necessarily actual the location of their arena/stadium. The Rays represent the Tampa Bay area. The Jets represent New York City (all of it). The Mets represent New York, not just Queens.

And by the way, Queens is just as huge as Brooklyn, but doesn't have as strong, unique identity as Brooklyn does. Its is practically suburban compared to brooklyn and manhattan, so they choose to represent all of New York.

The Nets (or whatever they will be called) will represent Brooklyn.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Brooklyn is a gigantic CITY.

No, it's a borough, like the other four. It used to be a city, but it isn't anymore. Lots of neighborhoods in cities used to be cities of their own, but they aren't anymore. The fetishization of Brooklyn is stupid nowadays.

No, it's a borough, like the other four. It used to be a city, but it isn't anymore. Lots of neighborhoods in cities used to be cities of their own, but they aren't anymore. The fetishization of Brooklyn is stupid nowadays.

Especially when you consider that anything that made Brooklyn a truly unique place has been replaced with the yuppie and hipster cultures. The "Brookln" that people nostalgically remember is, more or less, gone.

Still, the Brooklyn name has tremendous marketing potential. So I expect the team to use it.

Completely agree. As much as Brooklyn thinks otherwise, they are not that different from other boroughs. The Bronx has a unique culture too, but nobody romantacizes about it.

If Broklyn is a city, than who is the mayor?

Borough President Marty Markowitz. ( A little different, but Borough Presidents do a lot)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I hate when people who have no idea what NY is about think Brooklyn is "just" a borough. They think its like, say, the inner harber of Baltimore.

Brooklyn is a gigantic CITY. By itself, it would be one of the 5 biggest cities in AMERICA. it has its own identity seperate from Manhattan. A team that plays in Brooklyn should NOT be called New York.

And before someone says - well shouldn't the Jets and Giants be the New Jersey ____s or the Pistons be the Auburn Hills Pistons - NO.

The teams are named after the city/state/area they represent, which is not always necessarily actual the location of their arena/stadium. The Rays represent the Tampa Bay area. The Jets represent New York City (all of it). The Mets represent New York, not just Queens.

And by the way, Queens is just as huge as Brooklyn, but doesn't have as strong, unique identity as Brooklyn does. Its is practically suburban compared to brooklyn and manhattan, so they choose to represent all of New York.

The Nets (or whatever they will be called) will represent Brooklyn.

You should really do a find+replace in your post.

Find "represent" and replace with "market to".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived