Alternate logos that are better than their primary

Nova Nation

NBA.png

It's crazy how this many NBA teams have alternate/secondary logos that are MUCH better than the primary logo.

Well, the NBA's logo system is different than the other leagues'. They've decided that a primary is primarily (ugh) intended to denote the name and location of the team and the fact that it plays basketball. Aesthetics are for secondaries, tertiaries, wordmarks, etc. Also, it should either be the same logo the team had in 1997 or a recolored version thereof. Also, you should win things by watching.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NFL.png

Not sure the Browns' "B" is really an alternate logo. It is used for Browns' womens clothing only these days. Brownie the Elf and the Dawg Pound logo are their true alternate logos. They even have the Elf logo on their helmet visors.

It's simple, really. My qualification for an "alternate logo" is any logo that's deemed an official mark by the team that's not the primary. In this case the =B= logo is still used in an official capacity by the Browns, and it's not the primary mark. Therefore it's a valid alternate.

The dog head is just stupid, and the elf, while neat, needs a Cardinals-style facelift.

NBA.png

It's crazy how this many NBA teams have alternate/secondary logos that are MUCH better than the primary logo.

And this is the abridged list.

As do I - in navy and red, that would be a great alternate for the Yanks.

It would probably work better for the Mets, with the their NY logo, since they have a giant apple in center field

3535rx3.jpg

NBA.png

Well here would be my favorite NBA logos that don't have wordmarks for each team (Screw OKC, bring back the Sonics)(sorry for low quality)

NBA.png

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Archived