2011 Final Four Court

cajunaggie08

Here's a link from Houston's ABC affiliate featuring a slideshow of the final four court. While the gallery fails to feature a full court pic, many elements can be seen. The out of bounds features a dark blue gradient to go along with the space theme. Along the bottom out of bounds, the slogan for this final four is written.

"And then there were four, three, two, one."

Another play on the space theme. There seems to be an NCAA logo from 1971 which is the last time Houston hosted a Final Four and a generic 2016 Final Four logo which is the next time Houston will host the final four. The court is the standard ncaa tournament court except the final four logo is at midcourt and the area inside the arc is a lighter stained wood.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news&id=8039116&photo=1

The more I see this year's Final Four logo the more I realize it is the best one ever. It is so nice the NCAA still sees how great a different logo each year is.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The more I see this year's Final Four logo the more I realize it is the best one ever. It is so nice the NCAA still sees how great a different logo each year is.

I agree Tank. I'm wondering if our appreciation of all things NASA has anything to do with how much we like the logo.

BB52Big.jpg

Count me in as considering this year's logo to be the best. I dont know what it is about it for sure, but its a very fitting and appealing logo. I also love the court, I cant wait to see it in action! The best part I think is the motto though. It's absolutely perfect.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

LOVE the inclusion of the '71 logo & 2016 placeholder as homages to the past & future of the tournament. Hope that the NCAA does that at all of the future FF sites.

I really dislike how the NCAA has made all of the sub-regional and regional courts nearly identical, save the corner logos (I like the old days when I instantly knew where the game was), but the slightly varied FF court is outstanding.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I really dislike how the NCAA has made all of the sub-regional and regional courts nearly identical, save the corner logos (I like the old days when I instantly knew where the game was), but the slightly varied FF court is outstanding.

Their reasoning is that it's a tournament and they want all games to have as similar a court as possible for fairness (or at least the illusion of it) plus it pushes their own branding. I don't like it but I understand that at least.

Along the bottom out of bounds, the slogan for this final four is written.

"And then there were four, three, two, one."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news&id=8039116&photo=1

I live in Houston, as well, and have seen this slogan on banners downtown for a couple of weeks. I think it's a great touch integrating a NASA countdown into the tournament imagery. It took me a bit to warm up to the logo, but I'm now all-in with the space mission patch theme. From the comments on this thread, it appears I'm not in the minority. When the logo was first released sometime back, it had about a 10% approval rating on this site.

Their reasoning is that it's a tournament and they want all games to have as similar a court as possible for fairness (or at least the illusion of it) plus it pushes their own branding. I don't like it but I understand that at least.

Yeah, I didn't say I didn't understand why they do it. I know exactly why they do it. I said I don't like the way it looks.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I agree Tank. I'm wondering if our appreciation of all things NASA has anything to do with how much we like the logo.

Perhaps

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why does this picture say "2016 Final Four"? Is Houston hosting it again in 2016? I can't imagine this was a mistake, but I've never seen a city advertising that they were hosting a future Final Four on the court. See link below.

My link

That's because Houston has already been awarded hosting duties for the 2016 Final Four. Indy, whom hosted last year is also getting a return date soon in 2015.

NYCdog.png

Archived