Logo Thieves strike again

KCScout76

OCHL - Orchard City Hockey League is using one of our Fantasy Lacrosse League Logo(United Lacrosse League from this board)

The logo, "Firestorm" was used a few years back for the "Dallas Firestorm" of the ULL, a fantasy league I belong to.

I think "Nitroseed" designed it. Once again, our Graphic Warriors provide the "best" for others to use.

firestorm_logo.jpg

Where's our lawyer?

See the site below.

Jr Hockey League

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

OCHL - Orchard City Hockey League is using one of our Fantasy Lacrosse League Logo(United Lacrosse League from this board)

The logo, "Firestorm" was used a few years back for the "Dallas Firestorm" of the ULL, a fantasy league I belong to.

I think "Nitroseed" designed it. Once again, our Graphic Warriors provide the "best" for others to use.

firestorm_logo.jpg

Where's our lawyer?

See the site below.

Jr Hockey League

Look how amazing the entire logo looks and then you can see the forced, s*itty looking axe head. Why don't then a**holes do contests or whatever for logos. People like me that don't have design degrees or work for anything even close the graphics field but still love to do the work for fun and would just be happy to say "Hey, look, I designed that and they are using it"? It's always about the lazy, frankly, illegal, way out. It's aggravating. And the Vikings stealing an iStockphoto.com piece and not even having the sense or decency to at least attempt to vectorize it themselves is just straight up bulls*it.

firestorm_logo.jpg

Where's our lawyer?

See the site below.

Jr Hockey League

Look how amazing the entire logo looks and then you can see the forced, s*itty looking axe head. Why don't then a**holes do contests or whatever for logos. People like me that don't have design degrees or work for anything even close the graphics field but still love to do the work for fun and would just be happy to say "Hey, look, I designed that and they are using it"? It's always about the lazy, frankly, illegal, way out. It's aggravating. And the Vikings stealing an iStockphoto.com piece and not even having the sense or decency to at least attempt to vectorize it themselves is just straight up bulls*it.

I couldn't agree more.

I went down the list of teams. Anything with a ? is something that looks too good to be rec league, so assumed stolen unless proven otherwise. Sad that teams that have no/low budget assume that theft of an existing logo is the only way.

D1

Grizzlies - Stolen (Utah Grizzlies)

Kokanee - Not

Phantoms - Stolen (Philly/Adirondack Phantoms)

Rattlesnakes - Not

Whiskeyjacks - Modified AZ Cardinals logo mixed with something else...

D2

Bandits - Stolen (Las Vegas Wranglers)

Dragons - ?

Jets - Stolen (Winnipeg Jets)

Red Bulls - Stolen (Red Bull energy drink)

Rovers - Not

Vikings - Stolen (iStockphoto)

Woodsmen - Not

D3

Firestorm - Stolen (CCSLer)

Shamrocks - Not

Titans - ?

Skyhawks - Not

I went down the list of teams. Anything with a ? is something that looks too good to be rec league, so assumed stolen unless proven otherwise. Sad that teams that have no/low budget assume that theft of an existing logo is the only way.

D1

Grizzlies - Stolen (Utah Grizzlies)

Kokanee - Not

Phantoms - Stolen (Philly/Adirondack Phantoms)

Rattlesnakes - Not

Whiskeyjacks - Modified AZ Cardinals logo mixed with something else...

D2

Bandits - Stolen (Las Vegas Wranglers)

Dragons - ?

Jets - Stolen (Winnipeg Jets)

Red Bulls - No logo online, can only imagine what's on their unis though

Rovers - Not

Vikings - Stolen (iStockphoto)

Woodsmen - Not

D3

Firestorm - Stolen (CCSLer)

Shamrocks - Not

Titans - ?

Skyhawks - Not

From what I saw on their page the Red Bulls stole either the Red Bulls soccer team logo or the drink logo, either way it's stolen. And I wasn't sure about the Titans either, its a damn fine looking hockey logo, just not theirs, i would bet my life on it. I have just never seen it before. If it IS theirs, they need to have a seminar for the rest of that league on what they did and how everyone else can do the same. If I'm not mistaken, DP, Kokanee looks like they are using the Colorado Rockies mountain in the background. I know I have seen that mountain somewhere before.

UniJ

From what I saw on their page the Red Bulls stole either the Red Bulls soccer team logo or the drink logo, either way it's stolen. And I wasn't sure about the Titans either, its a damn fine looking hockey logo, just not theirs, i would bet my life on it. I have just never seen it before. If it IS theirs, they need to have a seminar for the rest of that league on what they did and how everyone else can do the same. If I'm not mistaken, DP, Kokanee looks like they are using the Colorado Rockies mountain in the background. I know I have seen that mountain somewhere before.

UniJ

Didn't really notice the mountain, it looks very generic and uneven, so probably original. The wave looks somewhat familiar though, just not sure where from.

Red Bulls is definitely the drink logo. I didn't notice it over in the sidebar.

Shamrocks is the Boston Celtics clover.

shamrocks_logo.jpgefanypa3xc41fh4f0w2pgy7fp.gif

Kokanee is a bad trace of the Idaho Steelheads logo.

kokanee_logo.jpg258vgffy17fyesw1sff9ry7h0.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yep, that's mine. Forgot I'd even done that logo! That was like... years ago.

Anyway, I sent them an email with a C&D request. We'll see if they do anything about it. If not, I'll just get my lawyer to give them a call. No skin off my nose.

Thanks for the heads up.

It's not even juniors... it's rec league... and half the logos are swiped. Heck the Vikings didn't even bother removing the stockphoto watermark...

Oh, that's funny.

vikings_logo.jpg

Wow! That's an impressive level of stupid.

87Redskins.png

Heck the Vikings didn't even bother removing the stockphoto watermark

I didn't look too deep into what league it was, but it looked like like a Jr. League.

I did notice the Vikings logo and laughed. The Shamrock logo is from a T-shirt website, Cafe Press.

I like the "firestorm" logo, it's really nice. With any logo you will find some inperfections. Don't get too picky.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Heck the Vikings didn't even bother removing the stockphoto watermark

I didn't look too deep into what league it was, but it looked like like a Jr. League.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing more than a simple rec league.

FSU2.gif

UniJ

Didn't really notice the mountain, it looks very generic and uneven, so probably original. The wave looks somewhat familiar though, just not sure where from.

Red Bulls is definitely the drink logo. I didn't notice it over in the sidebar.

Unless they got a sponsorship from the local Red Bull girls...however that is probably very unlikely. Would be nice though having them come to all your games and get free Red Bull. I for one would not complain lol.

Archived