JohnnySeoul

Old logos that are better than their current

The 90s CAVS logo would have been more appropriate for the Nets.

Damn, that thought never crossed my mind. That logo would've been prefect for the Nets. Still one my all-time fav basketball logos though. I respect that the Cavs went back to their original colors, but to me, they look like the USC Trojans. Either the royal blue/orange or the sky blue/orange/black combinations worked for me.

Great post, Funkatron101!!

NJNets_cavslogo.png?t=1301527713

NHL-1.png

Agree with all of these 100% Upon further evaluation the Lightning one you picked is definitly better than their first (the one I picked). What would really be great is if they toke that logo and used the original electric blue.

The Sabres need to use this w/ their current colors as is: 35.gif

Fixed :P

I prefer the cap logo from that generation.

8gwv5vpgjsq8fox4fjsl4p54f.gif

UGH, NO

The 90s CAVS logo would have been more appropriate for the Nets.

Wow, I can't believe that never occurred to me. Excellent catch. While we're on the topic, the 2003-2010 Cavs set was the best they ever had.

My personal picks:

NFL

Bwings.png

Seahawk_Old_Logo.gif

MLB

86logo.gif

NBA

mavericksold.png

Magic-Classic.gif

SASpursLogo1990-2002.gif

NHL

Tampa_bay-alternate.gif

137821_main.jpg

Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.gif

The indy Colts got a new logo,It's probley Not used often. It was used at lucas oil.

Blue Horse Running, white mane and tail, with an angry face. I like the OLD Colts better. They still use it, at least on

appearl.

:therock:

au67znem99jyg6d7esach62e4.gif

i always hated this logo, it looks like a special needs pac-man to me.

When I was younger, I always thought their logo looked like a vampire Pac-man with the eye being his tooth and blood dripping down the back corner of his mouth. ahh...the 80's.

NBA-1.png

Why that Jazz logo? :wacko: Such a terrible combination of colors.

A few reasons.

First, I became a Jazz fan when they were playing the Bulls in the NBA Finals. So I have an affinity for that logo.

Secondly, the past two primary logos have just been recolours of this one, and each has been worse then the one before. This logo was designed with the purple, sky blue, teal, and copper colour scheme in mind. It looks best as intended, rather then the cheap recolour they use now.

Finally, I mentioned the J/not/ball logo in the Alternate Logos that are better then Current Logos thread. I wanted to mix it up here.

I also don't see why the Suns logo is better than their current one.

Well it's all opinion, isn't it? ;)

Basically I find the Suns logo I listed to be a better representation of the theme then the current one. The current one muddles the thing up with an unnecessary outline to the purple box and text in an unnecessary colour (grey). It also adds a drop shadow to the text. The font used in the text works best, I think, without outlines or drop shadows, like on the logo I posted.

I liked the second Jazz recolor. They eliminated unneeded elements (the gradient, action lines) reduced the palette, and offered a better contrast. This latest one is definitely an eye sore. I have to believe that it was done solely to incorporate the note logo and color scheme without paying the rebranding fee.

As for the Suns logo; I feel like the one you posted seems a little washed out and lacks "pop." I'm not a huge fan of the grey either though. You are right, it's just opinions and not everyone has the same ones, but it's good to get a different take and get a better idea of why some people have a fondness for a particular logo.

NHL-1.png

Agree with all of these 100% Upon further evaluation the Lightning one you picked is definitly better than their first (the one I picked). What would really be great is if they toke that logo and used the original electric blue.

TBLelectricblue.png

Not to bad.

While we're on the topic, the 2003-2010 Cavs set was the best they ever had.

Indeed. I can't believe I forgot about it. Easily the best they ever looked. Lucky for them it was also the time they were most relevant.

The indy Colts got a new logo,It's probley Not used often. It was used at lucas oil.

Blue Horse Running, white mane and tail, with an angry face. I like the OLD Colts better. They still use it, at least on

appearl.

:therock:

I'll believe this when I see it.

Picture please.

More on the 90s Cavs logo being used for the Nets....

CCNJNmashup.pngCCNJNmashup-Copy.png

More on the 90s Cavs logo being used for the Nets....

CCNJNmashup.pngCCNJNmashup-Copy.png

Both of those are really great. Even though I loved this as a Cavs logo for some strange reason, I kinda wish the Nets had beat 'em to it now. Either one of those would have been fantastic had they used them.