Old logos that are better than their current

JohnnySeoul

Boltslogos.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

au67znem99jyg6d7esach62e4.gif

i always hated this logo, it looks like a special needs pac-man to me.

When I was younger, I always thought their logo looked like a vampire Pac-man with the eye being his tooth and blood dripping down the back corner of his mouth. ahh...the 80's.

For what it's worth, I consider that logo to be one of the all-time great NBA logos. I could do without the wordmark, but that logo itself should never have been changed.

It's a shame they moved on from this logo.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

aa65jz06hggyuale7xmkeefka.gif>>>>>> ifk08eam05rwxr3yhol3whdcm.gif

1,000% agree. Their current logo looks like a cluster **ck.

Could not disagree with this more. The "M" with the cowboy hat looks amateurish, uninspired and dull. The only thing that logo has over the new one is the colour scheme.

The new logo isn't perfect either but all they really need to do is get rid of the shield, the wordmark and the crescent that says Dallas and you've got a great logo.

NHL:

1.gif

Out of this entire thread this is the one I most agree with... I LOVED that logo. Especially when you compare it to their current one.

I've grown to like the webfoot D, while I've been in an endless personal battle of like/dislike with the wordmark: on one hand, it's a decent enough, good looking wordmark, and I'll happily wear it anyway because it's my favourite team's logo. But at the same time it feels like they could have gone with a great new mark when they rebranded, and instead cheaped out with a play-it-safe option that resulted in a soulless, incomplete feeling identity. All that anticipation and excitement was built up for the unveiling of an overall look that was dull and just did not stand out when compared to the rest of the league. The third jersey is kind of helping the Ducks go back in the right direction with their uniforms.

Now with the duck mask, obviously I feel inclined to like it more because that's what the team wore when I started following them, and I'm happy that it's been brought back in some way. The Ducks just did not feel right without it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

NHL:

1.gif

Out of this entire thread this is the one I most agree with... I LOVED that logo. Especially when you compare it to their current one.

No doubt. Loved that logo too. I wasn't big on the purple/teal though. I thought they should've kept that logo, but changed the colors to that of a mallard duck.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

NHL:

1.gif

No doubt. Loved that logo too. I wasn't big on the purple/teal though. I thought they should've kept that logo, but changed the colors to that of a mallard duck.

Hey look! Purple and teal!

mallard-flight.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

NHL:

1.gif

Hey look! Purple and teal!

mallard-flight.jpg

Isn't that more green than teal though? There are mallard ducks all over the place up here and their heads are pretty dark green at times. Nice pic though...never noticed that color on their wings. Hmmmmm

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

91-94.png

NBAthrowback.png

Well, I'll agree with you on half of this. The NHL was just beautiful in this picture. The only jersey that jumps out at me as being far worse is the Canucks. Every other one is incredible.

But damn, the NBA had some awful logos. Are you serious New Jersey? Even though there are some generic primary NBA logos in todays league, with far too many involving both basketballs and wordmarks, this snapshot of the late 80s yields quite a few terrible logos, and I'd gladly take todays league, excluding OKC of course.

NBAthrowback.png

But damn, the NBA had some awful logos. Are you serious New Jersey? Even though there are some generic primary NBA logos in todays league, with far too many involving both basketballs and wordmarks, this snapshot of the late 80s yields quite a few terrible logos, and I'd gladly take todays league, excluding OKC of course.

I'm more surprised that he prefers the Clippers logo with the extra line. But hey, to each his own.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Ducks never used teal.

4728.gif

Looks teal to me.

Someone page CWx for the official confirmation, but I think I remember the Ducks referring to those colors as "egglant" and "jade".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Ducks never used teal.

4728.gif

Looks teal to me.

Someone page CWx for the official confirmation, but I think I remember the Ducks referring to those colors as "egglant" and "jade".

Probably right, but as Funkatron101 stated above...it's teal.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived