Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate Uniform

Goallinedesign

looks awesome. Reminds me of Team Canada's old black 4th jerseys, but with the Michigan-style shoulder striping that has yet to see the NHL. Great jersey. If there's anything to critique, and I'm nitpicking, it's to go with a different font, and maybe make the pants stripe smaller. That's literally it. Really solid concept.

I think most people actually like the Blue Jackets' third. It's just people on this board that went crazy because it was blue and had a circle logo. Personally, I love it, I just dont like the vintage white.

I like your concept too. I especially like that you ditched those terrible red pants. I hate those on any team but the Rangers.

I'm not on board with this. As an alternate jersey (the context is important), it should differ significantly from the primary home uniform. You are using a navy jersey with red and white accents and the C-star logo. The same could be said for the primary home sweater. If you don't want to use the circular cannon logo, you could do the cannon as a standalone object with no circular holding shape. The overall template isn't terrible, but the anal-retentive graphic designer in me wants to see a navy stripe between the red and white stripes on the shoulder yoke.

For the record, I like the double blue thirds they currently have, I just don't like that so many other teams have that style as well (I'm looking at you Florida). But once again, I think the reason those sweaters got panned is because on the context of not being original.

Archived