Pensacola Blue Wahoos

Burmy

http://php.pnj.com/baseball/baseball.html

They can't be the Pelicans obviously, but this is a HUGE opportunity.

I submitted Red Snappers (Pensacola is the red snapper capital of the world-and the red snapper's a very marketable fish, valuable for both food and sport. In addition, they'll be the Cincinnati Reds' affiliate, so this ties in well with the parent club while not just swiping its identity-kinda like the Lakeland Flying Tigers).

What names would you send in?

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actualy, MBurny's got a pretty good point...the place is the red snapper capital of the world. Of course, it's also known as "redneck riviera", too, so there's that little tidbit. Hell, I'd say chop the "Red" off, leave it at "Snappers", and go with that. But knowing the denizens of my hometown the way I do, they're probably going to try to force some other Navy- or Blue Angel-themed name out there.

(Pondering whether or not I should jump in on this...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You could always simplify the name and go with Redfish which is a common name for many of local fish including red snappers and red drums.

I know that the following may be a creative name, takes advantage of the fish and the Naval Air history, but it screams minor league:

Pensacola Flying Fish

It's not open to Canadians, but I was thinking maybe Red Barons.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I submitted the Blue Angels, because that is the Naval Air Station that the Blue Angels are based in.

See what I mean?

I think Snappers is where their money is. If the team execs are up to it, they could even commission Jason and Casey of Plan B Branding to come up with a nice identity package for them.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

OK, let me point out a few things:

They can't be the Red Wings (AAA Rochester) or the Snappers (A Beloit)...so "Red Snappers" is a distinguishing enough mark.

bYhYmxh.png

They can't be the Red Wings (AAA Rochester) or the Snappers (A Beloit)...so "Red Snappers" is a distinguishing enough mark.

So just because there's a AAA team with the name, they can't have it? I find that hard to believe.

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

So just because there's a AAA team with the name, they can't have it? I find that hard to believe.

Newly created minor league teams typically like to create an original identity. I know that there are a few duplicate names in MiLB, but those teams existed long before the identity craze.

So what Southern League club is moving to Pensacola? Please tell me it's not the Reds current AA affiliate, the Carolina Mudcats.

And I'm almost positive they'll end up with a name that has something to do with the Navy, but I really hope that doesn't happen.

Pensacola Panhandlers?....But really just going with Reds but using a red snapper for the logo would work nicely.

FSU2.gif

Archived