Today's the 10 Year Anniversary of Sports E-Cyclopedia's Launch

Unocal

On This Date: "As the 2001 baseball season began, a new webpage came forth, as the Sports E-Cyclopedia officially launched."

Hard to believe that it has been a decade since it all started for Frank and the Sports E-Cyclopedia.

10 years and still going strong- from Today's Three Stars to NFL weekly picks, previews, and round-by-round playoff predictions, Frank and the site have come a long way since then.

How much did Tnak pay this SabresRule guy to announce the 10th anniversary of his site launching? Dude's got all of 56 posts...

I thought the same thing.

I could swear Tank started his own thread to announce the anniversary. My first thought when I saw this one was "why are there two of these?"

BB52Big.jpg

Good to hear design is more important than content. Maybe I should add some bells and whistles.

The design has improved over the years, but the team histories should have better grammar. I don't go to your website very often, that doesn't mean it's bad or good, but you need to improve the grammar a lot.

To be honest, I visit the site quite often. I find it very helpful, and I can bypass the grammar issues. There's great historical content and it appears that you've put in alot of hard work compiling the records, history, and images, Tank. I will say that the Jazz page really needs updating, but the site as a whole is very good for its content, in my honest opinion. Congrats on the anniversary, Tank!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Its tough updating but I am working on it. Too busy at times it seems.

Eh, no worries. Like I said, you've already put in alot of hard work as it is, and I understand that it can be a very busy task. Just keep up the great work, and thanks for the site!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

You would thnik taht a site that labels itself as an encyclopedia woudl have, good grammer adn, spellnig.

Nah, wiki killed that lovely standard.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You would thnik taht a site that labels itself as an encyclopedia woudl have, good grammer adn, spellnig.

Nah, wiki killed that lovely standard.

wiki often steals from me :cursing:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived