Central Arkansas Bears

stumpygremlin

“It may give us a bump in recruiting,” Conque said. “This recruiting class liked the ideas we presented to them during the recruiting part of the year. Because of the uniqueness and visibility, there’s a lot of excitement and buzz going to be generated. Plus, it’s just an awesome-looking field. We’ve got a chance to separate ourselves a little bit from our peers in recruiting, which is the lifeblood of what we do. We’re always looking for that extra edge in the recruiting process. We live in a different era and they like things that make you go ‘wow’. This field definitely has a ‘wow’ factor to it.”

Hmmmmm...

===================

Oh, and Red Wolf, this was posted in another thread a while ago, so it's not an April Fools joke.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I wonder if this idea of having a different colored turf has gone too far?

Everybody knows of Boise's blue turf. Thanks to their title run, Eastern Washington and their eye burning red turf has become a hit. Now, there is a purple and gray field coming to Central Arkansas.

I understand the novelty of it all, but I wonder if that novelty has worn off by now.

Yes it have!

Thanks to their title run, Eastern Washington and their eye burning red turf has become a hit.

As i said in an previous thread,the second that EWU won the FCS title,that this was gonna happen.

?It may give us a bump in recruiting,? Conque said. ?This recruiting class liked the ideas we presented to them during the recruiting part of the year. Because of the uniqueness and visibility, there?s a lot of excitement and buzz going to be generated. Plus, it?s just an awesome-looking field. We?ve got a chance to separate ourselves a little bit from our peers in recruiting, which is the lifeblood of what we do. We?re always looking for that extra edge in the recruiting process. We live in a different era and they like things that make you go ?wow?. This field definitely has a ?wow? factor to it.?

Hmmmmm...

===================

Oh, and Red Wolf, this was posted in another thread a while ago, so it's not an April Fools joke.

Well it's piss-poor. I'm kind of tired of the differently colored turfs. Boise's blue isn't so bad since it's at least still a cool color like green. EWU's red turf is a nightmare to look at, and this is just tacky. I mean, you can't blame me for thinking it was an April Fool's joke, right?

Everybody knows of Boise's blue turf. Thanks to their title run, Eastern Washington and their eye burning red turf has become a hit. Now, there is a purple and gray field coming to Central Arkansas.

I understand the novelty of it all, but I wonder if that novelty has worn off by now.

See, I don't think it's meant to be a novelty. It's meant to be another way to advertise a school, especially good football schools that would still otherwise go unnoticed by recruits. I mean, advertising and promotion was the main reason why Boise State decided to go with the blue turf in the 1980's.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Your eye should focus on the players and the ball, and not be distracted by an "interesting" field.

The field is just wallpaper, and shouldn't be part of the show, IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

See, I don't think it's meant to be a novelty. It's meant to be another way to advertise a school, especially good football schools that would still otherwise go unnoticed by recruits. I mean, advertising and promotion was the main reason why Boise State decided to go with the blue turf in the 1980's.

I'm not surprised you like this. You have consistently proven that you suffer from bad taste.

:upside:

This is stupid, if true. It's a field. It's supposed to be green. I don't like EWU's field, I don't like Boise State's field. It's supposed to be green. Anything else no longer looks like a football field, it looks like a floor.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Your eye should focus on the players and the ball, and not be distracted by an "interesting" field.

The field is just wallpaper, and shouldn't be part of the show, IMO.

Exactly!

As for UCA.....(Golf Clap)

The University of Central Arkansas actually received international media attention. Now the next (or last) time they will get such attention is when the first game on the turf will be played.

"The decision to install synthetic turf was one that came quickly," athletics director Brad Teague said in a news release on the school's athletics website. "We decided to use that opportunity to do something unique. We didn't want to copy Boise State or Eastern Washington, so we developed our own color scheme."

You ARE copying them!

"It may give us a bump in recruiting. . . Because of the uniqueness and visibility, there's a lot of excitement and buzz going to be generated. Plus, it's just an awesome-looking field. We've got a chance to separate ourselves a little bit from our peers in recruiting, which is the lifeblood of what we do. We're always looking for that extra edge in the recruiting process. We live in a different era and they like things that make you go 'wow'. This field definitely has a 'wow' factor to it." *

You are UCA, you are an afterthought for most players anyway!

*- I looked at the USA Today story for the quotes.

Everyone can say how ugly the turf is, but it's already done it's job. If they didn't announce their field would be purple and gray, the only time you would hear of Central Arkansas would be if someone talked about where Scottie Pippen went to college.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Except it's not a novelty. Good or bad, right or wrong, this is the next step in the evolution of field art.

I liked this better when it was a joke concept here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78773

April Fools indeed.

That thread in the concept forum is hilarious, since half the people posting on it keep thinking it's actually happening and are posting to rail against the practice.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived