Blue Jays Retro-esq Concept

Jared222

***Final logos and uniforms done***

I was at the Blue Jays home opener last night and couldnt help but notice that the majority of hats were of the old original logo. Now i love that logo and think it was great in its time. But I wanted to add a bit of a modern feel to it. Mainly in the baseball seams and the maple leaf as those have always been the 2 things that I thought needed tweaking.

Now to all of the die hard fans of the old logo you may not like this update to a classic logo , but I wanted to give it a shot.

Any comments , criticisms and ideas are more than welcome. Im not a professional logo designer so I there are some small flaws that could be ironed out. But I thought it was good enough to post.

And PS. Yes I did use the Minnesota Twins ball seams and colours just slightly tweaked as I think they nailed the baseball for a background concept.

Final full logo , secondary and script

BluejaysSetcopy.jpg

And here are the Uniforms.Could be crisper but its my first go at uniforms.

JaysUniformscopy.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh boy, that's nice! Im not sure I like the script much, but the logo itself is fantastic. I love the modern elements and flow of the logo (especially that maple leaf), really great stuff!

As with everything I do I continued to tweak and refine things. So here is a first edit.

2 blues is enough , so switched to all the darker navy and kept the entire top section the light blue.

I also am not sold on the script and maybe will try the classic script but just modernized as well.

torontobluejayslogo2copy.jpg

I was at the Blue Jays home opener last night and couldnt help but notice that the majority of hats were of the old original logo. Now i love that logo and think it was great in its time. But I wanted to add a bit of a modern feel to it. Mainly in the baseball seams and the maple leaf as those have always been the 2 things that I thought needed tweaking.

Now to all of the die hard fans of the old logo you may not like this update to a classic logo , but I wanted to give it a shot.

Any comments , criticisms and ideas are more than welcome. Im not a professional logo designer so I there are some small flaws that could be ironed out. But I thought it was good enough to post.

And PS. Yes I did use the Minnesota Twins ball seams and colours just slightly tweaked as I think they nailed the baseball for a background concept.

*** Already did a quick first edit to this see post below ***

torontobluejayslogocopy.jpg

This is the best classic logo update I've ever seen. The font would be great if it were a modernized version of the old font as well.

As with everything I do I continued to tweak and refine things. So here is a first edit.

2 blues is enough , so switched to all the darker navy and kept the entire top section the light blue.

I also am not sold on the script and maybe will try the classic script but just modernized as well.

torontobluejayslogo2copy.jpg

I actually liked the original version better....

No. It's good that you limited the number of blues. However, context plays a part. Within the AL East, the Rays use navy and light blue. The Jays should use royal, especially since the Sawx and Yankees use navy as well.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback . I ditched the navy , went back to the varied blues on the top crest and added a new script which is rough still but a more modern version of the old script. Also some small tweaks to rough areas.

More C&C is always welcome.

torontobluejayslogo4copy-1.jpg

The logo is great but both scripts are way too weak. I'd try using the original Blue Jays font.

Agreed , the scripts are where I am struggling most with this. As much as I like the original script it does look dated and out of place with this as I tried to make it work with it already.

Archived