Blue Jays Retro-esq Concept

Jared222

With the second word mark you did, what would a thin red line in the center look like? I think what you have logo wise is spot on, and I do like the second word mark just wonder if a slight addition of red would make it really pop.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the second word mark you did, what would a thin red line in the center look like? I think what you have logo wise is spot on, and I do like the second word mark just wonder if a slight addition of red would make it really pop.

I will give that a try and see what happens. Thanks for the idea

That is sexual, sir. I second all notions calling for cap/uni concepts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thanks everyone for the comments , it is appreciated. Like i said this is not really my specialty but I have always been tinkering and drawing new logos.

As for Caps and Uniforms. I will give it a try , though not sure how I will fair. Anyone have a good baseball Uni template ?

The Jays have never really been known for having a secondary logo or when they did it was kind of horrible. So i wanted to design a secondary that kept the feel and flow of the new logo but also promoted the maple leaf more. This is what I came up with. C&C is always appreciated.

I am going to give hats and uniforms a crack as well I think.

Secondary Logo

torontobluejayslogoleafcopy.jpg

Timely topic.

Bob McKown, FAN 590, Prime Time Sports just said on his show today that he was in the Rogers box (the owners of the Jays) for the Blue Jays home opener last Friday.

He said there was a lot of wink-wink, nudge-nudge between the mucky-mucks that the Jays are going to get a new identity in 2012, and that this might include a new take on the old, original logo.

Timely topic.

Bob McKown, FAN 590, Prime Time Sports just said on his show today that he was in the Rogers box (the owners of the Jays) for the Blue Jays home opener last Friday.

He said there was a lot of wink-wink, nudge-nudge between the mucky-mucks that the Jays are going to get a new identity in 2012, and that this might include a new take on the old, original logo.

Well I kind of figured it was going to happen sooner rather than later. I was at the home opener and id say 75% of hats and Jerseys were the original logo. So it seemed like only a matter of time and before doing this i always sort of sat and looked at the original logo and thought there has to be a simple and easy way to modernize this yet keep the spirit and feel of it.

Timely topic.

Or I guess I should keep my eye out for the new logo and if it looks oddly exactly like this I should lawyer up lol...

Timely topic.

I just saw that you posted this. I posted something similar in the Logo forum. I really like this concept Jared222. Very nice update to an already good logo. I've always liked the Jays old font but I think it needs an upgrade, something like what the Memphis Grizzlies use.

And here are the uniforms

I did 4 in total. A home , away , Alternate( home or away) and then a vested alt for home. I know people were asking for the powder blue but with this light blue it just did not work. So it will remain a retro jersey.

These could be crisper and cleaner but its my first go. C&C as always

JaysUniformscopy.jpg

Archived