Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

I think the fact that half the posters in this thread keep referring to ASU's new logo as a "trident" is pretty telling in itself. That said...

559f1cd02f1d0460158dc026a223e3dd-getty-109009525mw022_foot_locker_.jpg

I know this thread is about Arizona State's new brand, nut...can somebody tell me what's going on with Booger's socks there??? :blink:

That's boobie, not booger.

And those socks were given to participants in NBA All-Star weekend (in their team colors - sorta). Hideous.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's BFBS, but honestly, I think those are sharp. I agree with the USC comments, but honestly when your color schemes are basically the same, what are you going to do?

The black uniforms are hot garbage. Unfortunately, you could put any template and color scheme on a black uniform and no matter how bad it looks, a majority of young people will like it.

I think all these unis look sharp...except the football ones. Switch Sparky for the ASU on the sleeves and rework the pitchfork and it might look ok.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I know it's BFBS, but honestly, I think those are sharp. I agree with the USC comments, but honestly when your color schemes are basically the same, what are you going to do?

The black uniforms are hot garbage. Unfortunately, you could put any template and color scheme on a black uniform and no matter how bad it looks, a majority of young people will like it.

Hey, nothing says "Sun" like black.

90758391980.gif

here's a tip...don't put yellow barbs on the shoulders in the exact same place where the usc shoulder crescents are...nike should know better

the new logo and obsession of black really bothers me here. really...the new logo is one of the biggest downgrades I've ever seen.

it doesnt look like a college logo...

Reminds me of a Madden logo

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

UniWatch had a link to the new style guide http://asu.edu/itstime-press/documents/ASU_Brand_Manual_singlepages.pdf

ASU has officially added black to its colors. So it's technically not "black for black's sake" anymore, since it's now an official color. Doesn't make it any better.

The new font is called "Sun Devil Bold". and Akzidenz Grotesk is the secondary font, for words like "Athletics", "Baseball", etc.

The numbers are still Florida State's, with pointed terminals. Lazy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

ASU has officially added black to its colors. So it's technically not "black for black's sake" anymore, since it's now an official color.

It's still not a school color.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Miami Heat and Calgary Flames couldn't agree more.

.... I'm sure any fanatical Christian would say otherwise. Especially considering the mascot is a Sun DEVIL and.... let's not get into that.

But to be on topic, I don't think these are half bad. Could have been a hell of a lot worse.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Well, in fairness, Milo...nothing about the Calgary Flames' identity actually hints at "sun", so there you go. :P

And 48 hours after this unveiling...I'm still seeing Florida State West out of all of this. (Of course, I'm obviously biased, though.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ASU has officially added black to its colors. So it's technically not "black for black's sake" anymore, since it's now an official color.

It's still not a school color.

It's an official athletic color. Many times athletics/institutional colors do not match. But it has been added officially to the athletics department.

Unlike Oregon...

ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT INFORMATION

Nickname: Ducks

Colors: Green (Pantone 3425), Yellow (Pantone 109 or Pantone Yellow)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, in fairness, Milo...nothing about the Calgary Flames' identity actually hints at "sun", so there you go. :P

Yeah, but you know what I'm saying. Black is the complete opposite of anything hot, it implies that something has burned out.

I know...just giving you a hard time is all. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Finally have time to see what everyone has been saying since I was running around all day and night yesterday with the announcement.

Seems like 50/50, which is the same reaction on campus and in the offices.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

BTW, Sparky is still part of the ASU identity and package. He's still on the back of the helmet.

Helmet.jpg]

I'm assuming that they're gonna replace that with the new Sparky once that's unveiled, right?

What new Sparky?

The only changes that will be made to Sparky is the actual mascot suit, which does not have a definitive release date...supposedly the suit will have muscle padding built in. The current body suit is flat, so a new one should match the head more in terms of dimension.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Finally have time to see what everyone has been saying since I was running around all day and night yesterday with the announcement.

They now have one of the best helmets in NCAAF. That trident (or whatever they call it) looks fierce!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

They now have one of the best helmets in NCAAF. That trident (or whatever they call it) looks fierce!!

If the tridents wrapped all the way around the back (even if they didn't meet, a la the Seahawks) I'd agree with you.

But this truncated trident looks for all the world like a salad fork.

Archived