Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

why is there 15 pages about one of the dumbest ,simplest changes ever seen?

Obviously people do care. This is a huge step for ASU. Prior to this, 99 out of a 100 people never even thought of ASU. When you ask someone to name a college in Arizona, they will say U of AZ. Now ASU has stepped it up with this stunt and probably now have one of the best uni's in Div I NCAAF.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously people do care. This is a huge step for ASU. Prior to this, 99 out of a 100 people never even thought of ASU. When you ask someone to name a college in Arizona, they will say U of AZ. Now ASU has stepped it up with this stunt and probably now have one of the best uni's in Div I NCAAF.

huge step ? going to black after changing your uni a couple times in the last decade is not a huge step. What 99 out of 100? I always put the Sun Devils ahead of the Wild Cats. One of the best uni's ? who are you kidding ? Anyone could have come up with that design. And I would tell a guy to go back to the drawing board if he showed me a jersey with ASU on the sleeves haha

I wish uniforms would stick to the college's school colors. To my knowledge, black isn't one of ASU's colors.

I completely agree. Thank you!

It wasn't, until this redesign.

Now, black IS one of the official athletic colors.

In most cases adding black is Black For Black's Sake, but now ASU has gotten around it by officially adding it as one of its athletic colors. Maroon, Gold, Black.

No, it's still BFBS. They just made it officially BFBS.

I wish uniforms would stick to the college's school colors. To my knowledge, black isn't one of ASU's colors.

In most cases adding black is Black For Black's Sake, but now ASU has gotten around it by officially adding it as one of its athletic colors. Maroon, Gold, Black.

I wish the packers would get rid of those GFGS uniforms

why is there 15 pages about one of the dumbest ,simplest changes ever seen? Washington State is more interesting as trendy and dumb as silver on grey is.

just another trendy look they will have to change again soon. Their look the last 2 years was better than this.

they need to focus on an emblem thats represents the sun more than devil pitchforks which are kind of dumb. I t is nothing reminiscent of Florida State.

the ASU on the sleeve is also incredibly dumb but I guess you need with a black uni since everyone has one and you cant tell them apart. They need some kind of sun logo as a secondary and Nike dropped the ball not coming up with an idea like that because it would have given creative license for finding new shades of yellow and/or gold.

hmm...

you said this in the Washington State topic?

but this isnt that ground breaking..theyve changed their uni's a few times the last decade but no one ever notices...which i find strange because they are ranked around 37 last year in apparel sales on the CLC.

they must admit a ton of students for that to happen ?

Is there any topic YOU care about? or do you just go around complaining because we do?

True, but it's semantics. And it was done sport-wide, instead of one or two random teams wearing black.

Boston College did this years ago when its identity was redesigned, but this is the first time since then I've seen a school add black as one of its official colors. Maybe Duke as well?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

why is there 15 pages about one of the dumbest ,simplest changes ever seen? Washington State is more interesting as trendy and dumb as silver on grey is.

just another trendy look they will have to change again soon. Their look the last 2 years was better than this.

they need to focus on an emblem thats represents the sun more than devil pitchforks which are kind of dumb. I t is nothing reminiscent of Florida State.

the ASU on the sleeve is also incredibly dumb but I guess you need with a black uni since everyone has one and you cant tell them apart. They need some kind of sun logo as a secondary and Nike dropped the ball not coming up with an idea like that because it would have given creative license for finding new shades of yellow and/or gold.

hmm...

but this isnt that ground breaking..theyve changed their uni's a few times the last decade but no one ever notices...which i find strange because they are ranked around 37 last year in apparel sales on the CLC.

Is there any topic YOU care about? or do you just go around complaining because we do?

complaining ? Its called having an opinion.If you dont like it, tough patuty haha

hmm...

complaining ? Its called having an opinion.If you dont like it, tough patuty haha

Heed your own advice. People had enough opinions to make 15 pages of discussion. If you don't like reading about it on a SPORTS LOGO board, then piss off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

huge step ? going to black after changing your uni a couple times in the last decade is not a huge step.

Some might call creating a new helmet/primary logo that is also used across the athletics department a huge step. Adding black as a color is just second to that.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I disagree on the unis part and I really disagree on the awareness front-both in regards to how many people thought of Arizona State prior and how many will continue to do so after the fact.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I disagree on the unis part and I really disagree on the awareness front-both in regards to how many people thought of Arizona State prior and how many will continue to do so after the fact.

lmao....when was the last time ASU was ever mentioned on the front page of Yahoo or other media outlets prior to this uni change? Of course this brought attention to them and rightfully so. Plus, U of AZ is known as a NCAAB powerhouse and ASU falls far behind in the national eye.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

lmao....when was the last time ASU was ever mentioned on the front page of Yahoo or other media outlets prior to this uni change? Of course this brought attention to them and rightfully so. Plus, U of AZ is known as a NCAAB powerhouse and ASU falls far behind in the national eye.

Yahoo also has articles about a girl getting plastic surgery at age 7 to thwart bullies and a building made out of glue. The crowd is going to move on fast from the redesign. Come September folks watching FSN or ESPN are going to want to know why USC has a trident on its helmet. ASU probably gets and will continue to get more sustained recognition out of their little School of Sustainability than this redesign.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yahoo also has articles about a girl getting plastic surgery at age 7 to thwart bullies and a building made out of glue. The crowd is going to move on fast from the redesign. Come September folks watching FSN or ESPN are going to want to know why USC has a trident on its helmet. ASU probably gets and will continue to get more sustained recognition out of their little School of Sustainability than this redesign.

You just proved my point. ASU is in the shadows of U of AZ and is also treated like the mini-USC. Even if this "attention" lasts only a week, that's still more than they have received in the past. At least they are trying. I give them tons of credit for that.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I must be that 1 person because I always think of Arizona State, and I've always like Arizona State better than Arizona and I live in Ohio. Maybe it's just because if I think back in my life, the first Ohio State game I remember watching on TV is the Rose Bowl against ASU when I was only 6, but I don't think it would influence me that much.

You just proved my point. ASU is in the shadows of U of AZ and is also treated like the mini-USC. Even if this "attention" lasts only a week, that's still more than they have received in the past. At least they are trying. I give them tons of credit for that.

I'd have to say that ASU and the U of A go back and forth in terms of national awareness...one school will receive media attention for something (either academic or athletic) then the other school will and so forth...it really is about 50/50. Athletically ASU is known for football and baseball while Arizona is known for basketball and softball.

Both schools have received good media coverage lately...Arizona for their run in the tourney and ASU for the new unis and for Anthony Robles (one-legged wrestler and an awesome kid in person) winning an national championship.

As a diehard ASU fan I love the changes. I'm only 20 years old so I'm not as wrapped up in Sparky's aura and mystique among most older ASU fans but I still love him and my parents (ASU alums) grew me up on him. But I just think the pitchfork is great looking, bottom line.

But I'm confused and quite frankly fed up. I've followed this bored and uniwatch for years and BFBS is talked about a lot and widely hated it seems. WHY?!?! Who cares? If a team/school wants to add or subtract or completely revamp their color scheme, why not? And if they want to keep some history and just add some 'spice' with a color like black what's the big deal? Sure there's too much black around, but there's also wayyyyyy too much navy/red combos. The AZ Republic said it best when they believed Sparky was simply 'culturally exhausted' and a little out dated. The black is an attitude and gives our program an edge they desperately need.

Uh, hardly any college teams use navy and red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd really like to see the U of A have an alt uniform that features their original colors of silver and sage green.

I'd really like to see the U of A have an alt uniform that features their original colors of silver and sage green.

Same here. Last year was the perfect opportunity, since it was our 125th anniversary. Why they didn't do something for Homecoming or the ASU game, I don't know. I mean, we just got new uniforms from Nike, so I guess Nike and the UA just dropped the ball.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived