Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

I think they look pretty sharp. You had to know they were going to include black. It sells and sells a lot. And you can say Nike's lazy for doing it, but I think they did a good job with pretty much this whole set.

My only gripe is they say that the athletics have one look. But the men's basketball uniforms are plain and old school. The same shoulder stripe as the football jersey would look good on the shorts.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as a die-hard Browns fan, are you eager for a helmet logo?

If it turns out good, why not? I love that the Browns don't have anything on their helmet except stripes (and numbers from time-to-time), but if an artist comes up with a great idea....I'm all for it. Can't live in the past forever.

If you're a Browns fan the past is all you've got going for you.

That's rather rude, explain. Browns Backers is one of the largest NFL fan bases in the world (Browns Backers). The Browns sell out almost every game and that city loves their sports teams. Browns fans also love their current team (we aren't fair-weather fans). I'm not exactly sure what your point was in posting that.

Maybe he's sayin' the Browns have sucked for a long time? That's not really rude at all. They do have a good history....when Paul Brown was the coach.

But what did that have to do with uniforms/logos? I know the Browns have struggled since '99, nobody needs to remind a Browns fan that.

If you don't like friendly reminders that both Cleveland Browns incarnations haven't played for a league title since 1969 and never made a Super Bowl appearance on a sports message board, I suggest you grow a thicker skin.

----------------------------

Can we see stats on "black sells" to confirm or deny that?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Judging from that picture and how much attitude is being channeled through the camera, I say ASU doesn't need to wear the maroon set or the white set. 13-0 in black set only, home and away. I'm terrified for my life right now - that's how intimidating that photo is.

It is kind of odd how number 8 is the only one with a Pac12 patch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If it turns out good, why not? I love that the Browns don't have anything on their helmet except stripes (and numbers from time-to-time), but if an artist comes up with a great idea....I'm all for it. Can't live in the past forever.

That's rather rude, explain. Browns Backers is one of the largest NFL fan bases in the world (Browns Backers). The Browns sell out almost every game and that city loves their sports teams. Browns fans also love their current team (we aren't fair-weather fans). I'm not exactly sure what your point was in posting that.

Maybe he's sayin' the Browns have sucked for a long time? That's not really rude at all. They do have a good history....when Paul Brown was the coach.

But what did that have to do with uniforms/logos? I know the Browns have struggled since '99, nobody needs to remind a Browns fan that.

If you don't like friendly reminders that both Cleveland Browns incarnations haven't played for a league title since 1969 and never made a Super Bowl appearance on a sports message board, I suggest you grow a thicker skin.

Since it obviously didn't sink in the first time, I'll ask again....what does a cheap shot at a Browns fan (how original on your behalf, btw) have to do with ASU uniforms? Trust me, kid, my skin is plenty thick and you surely don't ratter me in any way. Funny this is coming from a Rams fan too. You should be more concerned that your team is about to move to it's 4th city soon than taking the token shot at a Cleveland sports fan.....I've heard them all by now.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I used to be a pretty big fan of UniWatch, but as of late I can't stand to read that garbage. I use it as a source of news more than anything. It has gotten to the point where pretty much anything modern is "trash". I am a fan of most Nike things and I personally think there is some jealousy involved over on UW. Calling them corporate douchebags is one thing, but at the end of the day Nike is making bank. I don't blame them at all. Hell if you go on the facebook page of ASU's jerseys 90 out of a hundred comments are positive saying that they are cool. I think people just need to lay off and like somebody else said, if they dislike it that much, then they can just not pay attention to it.

My co-worker called UW's hatred of Nike a form of "penis envy" and I had to laugh. I've tried my hardest not to comment on there, but there are times when I can't help but put in my 2 cents. For example, he bashed the Rays manager Joe Maddon for paying respect to MacDill AFB's 70th Anniversary by putting "MacDill" on the back of his jersey. I thought that was out of line for UW to do so. It was honorable that Maddon did that. But that's just my opinion.

Ugh. Maddon was wrong to do that. Interesting, he insisted that it wasnt his idea.

NOBs are for player identification. If we're going to start go for shout-outa, then we might as well jump right to "he hate me."

I can see where somebody might get the idea that UW hates everything new, or has an anti-Nike bias. Until they actually, you know, read it.

I vote Yellow helmets, white jerseys, yellow pants for every game except maybe four.

Three of those will be in Yellow helmets, maroon jerseys, and yellow pants.

Then I'll allow one game in yellow/black/yellow.

But no thanks to the all black...

Joking (kinda?) aside, I love the switch to the pitchfork as the main identity, and this is an all-around very good update. i Could do without the black set though.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Oh thank god were playing U of A this year...

UA and ASU need to do color vs. color for the rivalry. You guys can wear all-black and we'll wear all-red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Since it obviously didn't sink in the first time, I'll ask again....what does a cheap shot at a Browns fan (how original on your behalf, btw) have to do with ASU uniforms? Trust me, kid, my skin is plenty thick and you surely don't ratter me in any way. Funny this is coming from a Rams fan too. You should be more concerned that your team is about to move to it's 4th city soon than taking the token shot at a Cleveland sports fan.....I've heard them all by now.

Rams: Been to the Super Bowl twice in their 16 seasons in St. Louis, winning one. And there is no guarantee that they are in fact moving. Seeing as how the Browns actually DID move for a few seasons, I'd say you're one to talk.

I used to be a pretty big fan of UniWatch, but as of late I can't stand to read that garbage. I use it as a source of news more than anything. It has gotten to the point where pretty much anything modern is "trash". I am a fan of most Nike things and I personally think there is some jealousy involved over on UW. Calling them corporate douchebags is one thing, but at the end of the day Nike is making bank. I don't blame them at all. Hell if you go on the facebook page of ASU's jerseys 90 out of a hundred comments are positive saying that they are cool. I think people just need to lay off and like somebody else said, if they dislike it that much, then they can just not pay attention to it.

My co-worker called UW's hatred of Nike a form of "penis envy" and I had to laugh. I've tried my hardest not to comment on there, but there are times when I can't help but put in my 2 cents. For example, he bashed the Rays manager Joe Maddon for paying respect to MacDill AFB's 70th Anniversary by putting "MacDill" on the back of his jersey. I thought that was out of line for UW to do so. It was honorable that Maddon did that. But that's just my opinion.

Ugh. Maddon was wrong to do that. Interesting, he insisted that it wasnt his idea.

NOBs are for player identification. If we're going to start go for shout-outa, then we might as well jump right to "he hate me."

1000000% disagree. Paying respect to our Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, and Marines in the United States should always be an allowed execption. Patriotism is one of the rare things that brings us all together (at least it used too, but current younger generations are slowly killing that). What the XFL did was a gimmick and should never be compared to the respect given to those that have died to allows us to be free. What the Rays did was outstanding.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Rams: Been to the Super Bowl twice in their 16 seasons in St. Louis, winning one. And there is no guarantee that they are in fact moving. Seeing as how the Browns actually DID move for a few seasons, I'd say you're one to talk.

You both sound like dopes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sparky is a terrible logo. A scowling cartoony devil in footie pajamas is hardly intimidating.

It's only terrible if "intimidating" is the be-all and end-all of logo design.

Well, a name like the Sun Devils should lend itself well to intimidating logos.

I just found this out myself, but do you know what a sun devil really is? It's nothing demonic or anything close to demonic. It's actually pretty tame. Think about a weather anomoly like a dust devil, but without the dust. Having Sparky on the helmet was an increase in intimidation from actual team name.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1000000% disagree. Paying respect to our Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, and Marines in the United States should always be an allowed execption. Patriotism is one of the rare things that brings us all together (at least it used too, but current younger generations are slowly killing that). What the XFL did was a gimmick and should never be compared to the respect given to those that have died to allows us to be free. What the Rays did was outstanding.

It's only outstanding to you because you support the cause.

It's not always necessary to show patriotism, national pride, whatever. It's a sporting event, not a national holiday or ceremony. They play the National Anthem before the game, and continue to play "God Bless America" during the 7th inning. Why is anything else necessary?

We don't always need mentions of the military and/or war thrown in our faces all the time. That's patriotic jingoism and throws politics into places people go to escape from it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived