Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

I suppose the fact that a point was made about how cool it was once upon a time that a not-Sparky logo was on the helmet is an indicator that the helmet's going to change...Personally I'd like to see a maroon helmet with the ASU. Might look a little too "Men of Troy," but why should Devil fans care?

I care, as a Alumni I wouldn't want to look like USC. I'd rather have the Gold helmet that is somewhat unique in the Pac-12. Having a Maroon Helmet we may as well call ourselves the Minnesota Gophers(we already have their template)

We'll automatically lose our unique look within the Pac-12 with any change in helmet color...I'd rather see a modernization of Sparky versus a helmet that features a pitchfork. We're not the pitchforks, we're the f****** Sun Devils!

I'm still excited to see some/any renderings for stadium renovations, but I have a sharp feeling the unis will negate any excitement.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually not against this for a couple of reasons. For one, the current Arizona State Sun Devil logo is...well...controversial. I mean, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I hate when there is controversy with sports branding b/c of forced perceptions, but I understand the change I guess.

I'm probably going to regret asking this because I think I already know the answer and odds are it's going to be pretty silly but... How is ASU's current Sun Devil logo "controversial?"

On topic: Their best move with the helmet would be to leave it alone. Adding black would be just another case of "black for black's sake." A pitchfork helmet logo might work if it's done right but leave the helmet colors as is. Best case scenario is if they have to do this then make it an alternate.

BB52Big.jpg

I doubt the helmet color is changing. ASU's never worn anything other than mustard-colored helmets in recent history.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I can't understand why ASU would consider black uniforms. Regardless of the fact that it would look terrible, it would be incredibly stupid for either UA or ASU to wear black. For :censored:'s sake, both schools are in the Sonoran Desert!

So black is too hot, but that midnight blue is fine?

No, not really, but UA wore red for most of its home games last year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I suppose the fact that a point was made about how cool it was once upon a time that a not-Sparky logo was on the helmet is an indicator that the helmet's going to change...Personally I'd like to see a maroon helmet with the ASU. Might look a little too "Men of Troy," but why should Devil fans care?

I care, as a Alumni I wouldn't want to look like USC. I'd rather have the Gold helmet that is somewhat unique in the Pac-12. Having a Maroon Helmet we may as well call ourselves the Minnesota Gophers(we already have their template)

We'll automatically lose our unique look within the Pac-12 with any change in helmet color...I'd rather see a modernization of Sparky versus a helmet that features a pitchfork. We're not the pitchforks, we're the f****** Sun Devils!

I'm still excited to see some/any renderings for stadium renovations, but I have a sharp feeling the unis will negate any excitement.

Well we're the Seminoles and not the Spears...I think the pitchfork has a lot of potential on a helmet.

FSU2.gif

Well we're the Seminoles and not the Spears...I think the pitchfork has a lot of potential on a helmet.

I agree with this. But ASU uses a great helmet logo...I'm not sure, I'm not sure I want to see it replaced.

gYH2mW9.png

Well on The Helmet Project there is a made up helmet that has the pitchfork logo.

f_Arizona_St.gif

Also one on MG's helmets

arizona-state-cncpt.gif

I tried to post this already but each time someone post something off of Helmet Project is shows up as saying National Champs.Net with the NCAA logo on my computer!?!?!?!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Well on The Helmet Project there is a made up helmet that has the pitchfork logo.

f_Arizona_St.gif

Also one on MG's helmets

arizona-state-cncpt.gif

I tried to post this already but each time someone post something off of Helmet Project is shows up as saying National Champs.Net with the NCAA logo on my computer!?!?!?!

You can't hotlink from Helmet Project.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I can't understand why ASU would consider black uniforms. Regardless of the fact that it would look terrible, it would be incredibly stupid for either UA or ASU to wear black. For :censored:'s sake, both schools are in the Sonoran Desert!

A lot of UA's games are at night, too, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A lot of UA's games are at night, too, right?

Yes, but night games in Tucson can still be pretty warm, and I suspect it's worse for Tempe because of the heat island effect.

Yes, but night games in Tucson can still be pretty warm, and I suspect it's worse for Tempe because of the heat island effect.

True...but once the sun is down, a dark color like black shouldn't make much of a difference compared to a light color.

gYH2mW9.png

I'm actually not against this for a couple of reasons. For one, the current Arizona State Sun Devil logo is...well...controversial. I mean, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I hate when there is controversy with sports branding b/c of forced perceptions, but I understand the change I guess.

I'm probably going to regret asking this because I think I already know the answer and odds are it's going to be pretty silly but... How is ASU's current Sun Devil logo "controversial?"

I asked that a while back, and never got a reply.

Like you, I fear the answer.

I asked that a while back, and never got a reply.

Like you, I fear the answer.

It's controversial because it looks like Walt Disney. When they unthaw his frozen head in the future, you know he is going to sue them for copyright infringment. ^_^

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

It's controversial because it looks like Walt Disney. When they unthaw his frozen head in the future, you know he is going to sue them for copyright infringment. ^_^

OK, I admit, I laughed at this. :P

Because when his frozen head is unthawed, it will still be frozen (think about it)?

ON TOPIC - Leave Sparky on the helmet.

It's where I sit.

Archived