Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

I agree. I love the Sparky logo. I was in Phoenix last fall and picked up a Sparky t shirt even though i am in no way, shape or form an ASU fan. Just an awesome logo and the uniforms and colors have always been some of my favorite. The only thing I'd change is as some have mentioned, take the black trim out. Otherwise, let it be, as is!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how long this has been floating around on the interwebs...but it looks like someone's already taken a stab at it:

asu_sparky_tactix_creative.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love that, minus the white outline, the drop shadow and the dark red shadowing on the body.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I wish uniforms would stick to the college's school colors. To my knowledge, black isn't one of ASU's colors.

It's Nike. Asking them to stick to normality is like asking the Pope to renounce Catholicism.

A good portion of it is the school, though. Nothing gets on the field without the school thinking it's a good idea in some sense. Nike doesn't just mail them a box and say, 'This is what you're wearing. Make sure you hold a press conference/grand unveiling/fashion show so we can get our exposure out of the deal. Thanks. Seeya.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Don't know how long this has been floating around on the interwebs...but it looks like someone's already taken a stab at it:

I already consider Sparky, as he is, one of the best logos in college....an update like this would make it THE best. I hope whatever updates they bring to him, if any, turn out like this. It's a fantastic logo.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Well we're the Seminoles and not the Spears...I think the pitchfork has a lot of potential on a helmet.

I agree with this. But ASU uses a great helmet logo...I'm not sure, I'm not sure I want to see it replaced.

yeah Sparky is good. I don't think a change is anywhere close to being necessary for ASU, but I think using the pitchfork could look good. I'm all for tradition, so that part of me would hate to see Sparky dropped.

FSU2.gif

Holy crap, you've actually managed to de-creepy-fy Sparky.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's Walt Disney! Rats! I meant to say that Sparky looks like John Waters in a union suit!

ASU must keep Sparky on the helmet. And keep the yellowish-gold helmet, too.

But, if ASU went away from Sparky and to a maroon helmet, the baseball cap interlocking AS logo on the helmet wouldn't be bad. That interlocking AS is very cool.

I wish I could take credit for that...but nah, I found that in a Google search.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Eh, who am I kidding? Sparky will always be creepy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New pitchfork is primary, Sparky is off the helmets. Pitchfork angled horizontally towards the front of the helmet.

2 helmets, matte gold and matte black.

Maroon set, white set and black set, they will mix and match.

Pants are plain, no design element or stripe.

Nike developed a font for them which they will use on basketball jerseys and numbers along with football and other sports.

Shoulder stripe is one of the prongs of the fork, looks like a treble hook.

"ASU" in new font is beneath shoulder stripe.

New pitchfork is primary, Sparky is off the helmets. Pitchfork angled horizontally towards the front of the helmet.

Nike developed a font for them which they will use on basketball jerseys and numbers along with football and other sports.

Where are you getting this from?

Where are you getting this from?

Me, ASU booster, book it.

Sparky is a terrible logo. A scowling cartoony devil in footie pajamas is hardly intimidating. Honestly, I look forward to the pitchfork going on to the helmets, although I think they should put devil horns on the sides of the helmet instead.

I kind of like the devil horns on the football helmet look.

football3.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

As a staunch supporter of the Sparky logo, all I can say is that I am pleasantly suprised...

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived