Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

...And with those apparent changes, ASU's identity seems to have tanked. Of course I haven't seen it yet (hence why I'm using "apparent" and "seems"), but none of this sounds good. Not sure I like the sound of the pitchfork (I'd have much rather preferred Sparky staying), and matte black helmets? Black jerseys? Seriously? Do they know where the hell Tempe is?? I'll reserve final judgement for when I see it, but I don't like the sound of this at all.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what ASU has done with the pitchfork, it is fairly tribal looking.

The new Nike font, meh.

Evidently, Sparky is getting an update, as well, a more muscular version to be rolled out on Tuesday.

Is there any picture or graphic that you could post?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The new Nike font, meh.

Evidently, Sparky is getting an update, as well, a more muscular version to be rolled out on Tuesday.

Not til Tues. They had a preview for boosters last nite.

The new Nike font, meh.

Not til Tues. They had a preview for boosters last nite.

Eh...just hoping there were some free samples or sneaky pictures ^_^

"Muscular" Sparky???

Wuh-oh.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"Muscular" Sparky???

Wuh-oh.

What a coincidence...the week that Barry Bonds' trial reaches a conclusion, his alma mater's mascot gets muscled up.

"Muscular" Sparky???

Wuh-oh.

What a coincidence...the week that Barry Bonds' trial reaches a conclusion, his alma mater's mascot gets muscled up.

Well-played, well-played.

The muscular Sparky is more in reference to the actual mascot uniform...and while ASU gear with Sparky (jerseys included) is going cheap now, the giant Sparky on the facade of SDS still hasn't been removed/covered.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The muscular Sparky is more in reference to the actual mascot uniform...and while ASU gear with Sparky (jerseys included) is going cheap now, the giant Sparky on the facade of SDS still hasn't been removed/covered.

I get the feeling that muscled-up Sparky will be the RoboDuck for a new decade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is that the shocker?

shocker_tshirt.jpg?w=400&h=400

Almost...we call it the "Sparky Special"

I am a little bit excited but mostly worried about these changes. It will be really weird to see a different Sparky so I just hope they don't do any dramatic changes to him. I have always loved the pitchfork but am worried about how it will end up looking on the helmet. Please don't mess this up Nike.

PopHeading-1.gif

Here are a couple ideas I was messing with a looooong time ago, and never really finished, but thought I could post them here. I made a custom typeface for the numbers (well, a custom 6 at least, never got around to the rest...) One of them used the pitchfork helmet, and both ideas used the pitchfork as a design element. On the right is an attempt at visualizing the description given to us here, except with my number font, which is probably not at all similar to what they will go with.

SunDevilsUniforms.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Here are a couple ideas I was messing with a looooong time ago, and never really finished, but thought I could post them here. I made a custom typeface for the numbers (well, a custom 6 at least, never got around to the rest...) One of them used the pitchfork helmet, and both ideas used the pitchfork as a design element. On the right is an attempt at visualizing the description given to us here, except with my number font, which is probably not at all similar to what they will go with.

SunDevilsUniforms.png

Really like your custom typeface...you've got to develop the rest of it. I really like the pants you've created as well. Still great to see Sparky on a helmet (at least for an extra day or two). Solid work on this.

dp

Your concept on the right isn't far off, the shoulder stripe is about right.

"ASU" is in place of a number on the sleeve in their new Nike font (which by the way was used in banners inside the basketball arena all season, so it has essentially been leaked).

The new pitchfork is far more detailed and is outlined. It almost sits on the helmet horizontally, pointing somewhat down towards the eyes (probably a poor explanation on my part). There are like flames coming out of the base of the fork. It is like pitchfork meets FSU Seminole spear.

I believe the number outlines are black. It says "Arizona State" in small letters in new font about the number.

UniWatch has posted about what they will be.

Trident helmet, trident (think fishing hook) shoulders. Maroon, white, black jerseys.

The details on Uniwatch are verbatim what kelvarnsen posted on here Saturday night.

Archived