NCAA Womans Final Four court

02Rover

... it looks like they are attempting to pay homage to the old school, but back when the key was shaped that way, were there even women's teams? I dont know. Just seems like a little too much of a reach and an attempt to be "old school" or different.

you know what... its actually a REALLY cool idea. I've never seem or heard of anyone doing that before. I don't know for sure if it works, but i'll give them credit for being very creative. Its hard to do something thats never been done before. The cursive text and brown colors arent perfect for me. I think the whole thing could be better executed, but the color "key" is definiatly a very interesting idea and ties onto the retro look of the logo (for some reason) they were going for.

Now watch it be copied over and over and beaten to death

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This screams New Orleans to me. In my opinion, it should scream Indy.

What exactly screams New Orleans about this? Seeing the throwback key design, the movie Hoosiers was the first thing I thought of.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What exactly screams New Orleans about this? Seeing the throwback key design, the movie Hoosiers was the first thing I thought of.

Aren't they playing in San Antonio?

Never mind! Of course it's in Indy!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

When I saw the court I at first thought it was mimicking a thermometer. I then saw that the even is in Indy and not in the southwest, so there is not really any reason for it. I would rather have this on the mens' courts and unpainted lanes with two-tone crap inside the arch.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

When I saw the court I at first thought it was mimicking a thermometer. I then saw that the even is in Indy and not in the southwest, so there is not really any reason for it. I would rather have this on the mens' courts and unpainted lanes with two-tone crap inside the arch.

But it wasn't mimicking a thermometer. Their reason was to give it a throwback look and I think they succeeded. The muted colors, the old school key (with modern black lines around it for competition purposes), and even the wood stain combined to create a throwback to older courts. I love it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The colors is what reminds me of it. I did think Hoosiers though from the key.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

The colors is what reminds me of it. I did think Hoosiers though from the key.

Seriously? Nothing about this is "New Orleans"-esque at all. How do those colors remind you of New Orleans?

gYH2mW9.png

I thought this was one of the better Women's courts in recent years. Very simple, yet creative. Anyone have a closeup of the free throw lane? I'd like the see what the "old-school" wood looks like up close.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

large_womensfinalfour02_crow.jpg

womens-f4-2008.jpg

DSCN2507_rdax_360x270.JPG

W1K2010C208.JPG

I have enjoyed some of the past designs. They always are unique. The only design I have to say I didn't like at all was last year's in San Antonio. But the Cleveland guitar, St. Louis Arch and this year's Throwback design is great.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived