Red Tails

MTWillie

I need some advice and comments on this. Here is the image I started with.

11009087955030213708.png

And this is what I have come up with so far.

35690541892594158623.png

My biggest challenge has been the beak, as I'm not sure what I should do with it.

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

I didn't realize that the black part was the beak until I stared at it for like 5 minutes.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

there are other parts that need to be better defined but thi is a nice start and silhouette.

for the beak, you need to take a closer look at the reference photo and define the nostril and beak more realistically. think about how you need to define the mouth or upper/lower beak

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Didn't get a lot of time today to do anything to it, but I've started defining the beak more. Even just this tiny change seems to make a big difference. I also made the eye larger, and moved it farther to the left.

43141729909676554655.png

Also, I think I need to shave some off the neck portion on the bottom. Something just feels off about it. I don't want to follow the exact lines of the original hawk image, but still be able to look at it and know what it is.

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

...and boom goes the dynamite. This is the same guy who took a couple logos of mine, made his own tweaks, and called it his. I kept it private as it wasn't a huge deal to me at the time, it's just irritating.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived