Rumour: Toronto Blue Jays getting new uniforms/logo in 2012?

uniguy22

I was listening to Prime Time Sports, a Toronto sports talk radio show. The host Bob McCown started talking about the Blue Jays uniforms. He said he had a "secret", and if you like the current Jays uniforms, go out and get one now, because they won't be around in 2012. He says there was a lot of "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" about this on Friday night at the Jays game. He said he doesn't know what they're changing to, but he speculates that they're going throwback, and going back to the "happy" Blue Jay logo. So it's clearly just a rumour, but it could be true. We'll have to wait and see.

Here is the link, they start talking about it around 16:30.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/PTS-2011-04-04-4-pm.mp3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully they check out Jared222's concept.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I honestly have no issues with the current one (except they could add a maple leaf somewhere for old times sake), but if they're going to go retro, the only option is the original. The middle two were simply horrible and screamed "minor league".

Once you remove the giant maple leaf from behind the second logo, it actually looks like an excellent modernization of the classic logo. I'd love to see them go with that with a few tweaks.

TwoJays.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I hope so. That'd be great to coincide with the 2nd wild card. :)

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Sure wish there was someone on this site who had any type of connection to the Blue Jays organization to investigate this situation further.

Wishful thinking.

If only I kept my job there...

Same here...

I guess I could talk to some people next time I get to a game

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived