Rumour: Toronto Blue Jays getting new uniforms/logo in 2012?

uniguy22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question of curiosity: does the MLB have the same two-year rule in place that the NFL does in regards to notifying the league of uniform/identity changes?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the current logo. Just hate the colors, hats, most of the wordmarks used for the lettering and numbering.

But I also hate NBA-Style recoloring (sorry, most of the concept board :)) so I do hope if they are rehashing, they do a better job than they did in the mid 90's when they made Red WAYY to prevelant.

After reading that article it leads me to believe they are going to launch a new marketing campaign rather than a logo and uniform re-design

Well ... they are a BRAND agency.

Seems like a new look is part of the whole "re-brand" and they brought in this agency to help with everything as far as PR and such, and that they're doing a lot more beyond just "new" uniforms.

I like the current logo. Just hate the colors, hats, most of the wordmarks used for the lettering and numbering.

But I also hate NBA-Style recoloring (sorry, most of the concept board :)) so I do hope if they are rehashing, they do a better job than they did in the mid 90's when they made Red WAYY to prevelant.

I like the current logo as well. Just need to get rid of the black, or make it just a trim color. Also I agree the uniform numbers and name fonts are really strange. They look too larger and look italicized?

I also did like the mid 90's Clemens era hats. I just wish they didn't use so much red on those uniforms, but I liked the slightly modified Jay head against the larger red maple leaf. Where those uniforms lost me was in the font across the jerseys, very 90's looking and I thought it was hard to read. Also that alternate cap they had with the T and the muscular bird arm with bat was really strange as well.

I think a very blue oriented theme would be great for the Blue Jays. I envision a nice Blue Jay like the old one and the script to say Blue Jays. No red though, a purely Blue Jay thing.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

This really shouldn't be hard. They've had so many great elements through their history. All three Jay head logos have looked good, the blue/light blue combo looks good (even though it's become overly trendy lately), and the lettering with the piping running through it always struck me as iconic of the franchise.

I forget who made this concept, but it was someone on this board, and I have it saved to use as the Jays logo in games like Baseball Mogul and OOTP.

torfy.png

msg-117798227822.jpg

As much as I hate the Jays, they really need to go back to original or atleast an update of it. And add more blue in the unis. They look so gloomy.

Just out of curiosity, how can you hate the Jays?

Just bring these back.

Amen to that brother. Although the best jersey from that set (and the best of all time IMO) is the road jersey with the faux-vest. Absolutely fantastic. My favorite jersey I own.

6fQjS3M.png

As much as I hate the Jays, they really need to go back to original or atleast an update of it. And add more blue in the unis. They look so gloomy.

Just out of curiosity, how can you hate the Jays?

He's a Tigers fan. It's part of the southern Ontario/northern Michigan rivalry that grew out of the Leafs/Wings rivalry.

Archived