Purple and Gray Striped Football Field

LetsGoOakland9

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that colored-field haters like the majority of this forum are still talking about them incessantly proves that they're doing their job.

So? Doesn't make any of us wrong. They look like crap. Boise's blue field is kind of annoying, but not too awful. EWU's field is eye-searing. This maybe happening UCA field is just completely idiotic and would be miserable to watch a game on. They can have all the publicity they want, I don't care, they'll still look like clowns and eventually this fad will be looked at as a terrible, tacky sign of the times deals.

Being unique is great and all, but being unique doesn't mean what you're doing is necessarily good. But I guess some people just want something "different" so badly that they don't care how awful and trashy it is.

The fact that colored-field haters like the majority of this forum are still talking about them incessantly proves that they're doing their job.

You know what else gets a lot of attention? The flu.

That's because it's catchy. Kudos to whomever invented it.

And, to address the topic at hand, notwithstanding my deeply entrenched Old School roots, I'm not immediately reviled by these colored fields. Pardon the 50's terminology, but I think they're kind of neat.

And, to address the topic at hand, notwithstanding my deeply entrenched Old School roots, I'm not immediately reviled by these colored fields. Pardon the 50's terminology, but I think they're kind of neat.

Considering the subject matter is "colored" fields, the 50's terminology is completely appropriate. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I like one colored field, Boise State, because it was the first. All the others are jumping on a trend and that's what I don't like about them. Find your own thing, I say.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Considering the subject matter is "colored" fields, the 50's terminology is completely appropriate. :P

And we're talking about Arkansas.

Which is to say "oops." I was referring, of course, to the term "neat," not "colored."

I like one colored field, Boise State, because it was the first. All the others are jumping on a trend and that's what I don't like about them. Find your own thing, I say.

It takes one instance for something to become a trend?

I don't think it will look as bad as West Hills High School in California. I think it actually think the purple looks neat. Even though everyone seems to disagree with it :P

Here's West Hills

Football-Field.jpg

I actually like that.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived