Purple and Gray Striped Football Field

LetsGoOakland9

The University of Central Arkansas will change their grass surface to purple and gray striped turf this season

Here's the story and drawing

Wow it looks alot like a basketball court....more specifically the Sacramento Kings with the purple and silver lol. For some reason I like it but then its non-traditional...Could you imagine if baseball teams did that...Yikes :wacko:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The University of Central Arkansas will change their grass surface to purple and gray striped turf this season

Here's the story and drawing

Wow it looks alot like a basketball court....more specifically the Sacramento Kings with the purple and silver lol. For some reason I like it but then its non-traditional...Could you imagine if baseball teams did that...Yikes :wacko:

:wacko:

Then again, can you imagine how distracting it would be for the hitter (can you imagine a white baseball field)? Of course, i hate playing on turf fields, and unless they developed magic colored grass, even if I were the home team I would hate playing their.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Until players start dying I think this is a pretty mute point. More players statistically have died on a green field vs. a colored field

A moot point. A mute point is a point which lacks the ability to speak.

Sorry, gotta call the English police on this one.

It's a moo point...it's like a cow's opinion - it doesn't matter. It's moo.

[/joeytribiani]

:P

You know, the more I see it, the more I think that what UCA is doing is awesome.

I mean, they want to be known for something other then being the alma mater to Scottie Pippen, right?

But they won't be remembered for that. They will be just another school on the growing list of schools which installed terrible colored fields. There is nothing shocking about these fields anymore. The majority of people will look at the field, think it's awful, and forget which school it was from 30 seconds later.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You know, the more I see it, the more I think that what UCA is doing is awesome.

I mean, they want to be known for something other then being the alma mater to Scottie Pippen, right?

But they won't be remembered for that. They will be just another school on the growing list of schools which installed terrible colored fields. There is nothing shocking about these fields anymore. The majority of people will look at the field, think it's awful, and forget which school it was from 30 seconds later.

It depends. if they play well on the colored fields, then people will start the debate of whether colored fields are an advantage and they will be known. Otherwise, does anybody know anything about the New Haven Chargers (of course, that's a little unfair considering they just recently started their football program).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Boise's blue field was known before they became a big program because they were first. Now, many years later, these schools won't be memorable; they'll be an afterthought.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It depends. if they play well on the colored fields, then people will start the debate of whether colored fields are an advantage and they will be known. Otherwise, does anybody know anything about the New Haven Chargers (of course, that's a little unfair considering they just recently started their football program).

Who?

/I b4 ZOMG! U AREN'T A REAL FOOTBALL FAN BECAUSE YOU CAN'T RATTLE OFF EVERY D3 PROGRAM BY MEMORY!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who?

/I b4 ZOMG! U AREN'T A REAL FOOTBALL FAN BECAUSE YOU CAN'T RATTLE OFF EVERY D3 PROGRAM BY MEMORY!

They play in the Northeast-10, along with Stonehill, Southern Connecticut, American International, Pace, Merrimack, Bentley, Assumption College, St.Anselum (I think that's how you spell it), and I forgot the last team (OMG IZ NOT A CLLG FTBL FNA NAO!!!). They play in Ralph F. Della Camera stadium, which has a blue field. They are division 2, not 3. They started their college football program in 2008. You would be surprised at what I know.

Archived