Sign in to follow this  
Brandiose

First Official On-Field Rally Cap Design

Our friends over at the Altoona Curve just unveiled the "First Official On-Field Rally Cap Design" in baseball history. The Home cap, when turned inside out, features the Curve's famous "Al Tuna" rally mascot fish eyes. The team has also been issued the caps. So when a Curve player is on third, it's time for 8,000 fans and players to summon the rally mascot out of the bottle! Flip those lids!

Link

This is very interesting. It's gimmicky, but I kind of like it for a minor league team.

"Like much of our fan base, the Plan B branding team we worked with on the new logos really enjoyed Al Tuna during their visit to the ballpark last summer. They suggested the possibility of a home cap with an Al Tuna rally cap lining and we were hooked.

You designed these? Fantastic idea and execution. Would never want to see it in the MLB, but for a minor league team, this is awesome! :notworthy:

I kind of almost like it. Reminds me of those goofy college mascot caps. Though I guess Minor League Baseball is generally goofy.

That's awesome! If the team actually wore them like that occasionally it'd be even more cool. Well done!

Great idea, I'd wear that for sure!

My coworker strongly disagrees...but this is incredible. Unbelievable. Simple, obvious...but never done before. Beautiful.

The team needs batting helmets with those eyes on them reserved for real game rallies.

The opposing pitcher could be affected by his own laughing...comeback completed!

That flat out rules. Reminds me of that soccer team sponsored by Burger King that had jersey that you could pull over your head, and have The King's face be over yours.