MiLB Redesigns From MDC

MDC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Norfolk Tides, Baltimore's affiliate. The Sacramento River Cats could use some work too. If you want to tamper with a design that will get a lot of feedback (positive or negative) try changing Durham around.

I agree on the wings for Louisville, too much bird, not enough bat.

Grunge-Logos.png

Alright, alright, alright. Time for some more logos! Thanks for the suggestion, comments, and criticism. It is much appreciated, and helps keep me motivated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OGDEN RAPTORS

Considering the Raptors have been using this for a while:

lrg_Ogden_Raptors82.gif

I knew that just about anything I would put out would be an improvement. My primary logo is a open mouthed raptor raising its head inside of a baseball dinosaur egg. I really wanted to add to this, and bring the wordmark in. I toyed around with out over the weekend for a while, and nothing really worked. I thought it worked well enough on its own. The wordmarks themselves are plain, because the focus of my uniforms will be on the striping moreso. Two of my cap logos come from the primary logo: The head on its own, and the baseball/egg/"O' for Ogden. The main cap logo is an R with dinosaur tail patterns and the eye from the primary making up the hole. I really like this logo. Let me know what you guys think.

ogdenraptorslogos.png

I'm leaning towards the Norfolk Tides for my next team, great suggestion GFonk. However, if a better idea comes along, I'll roll with that instead. UNIFORMS WILL BE UP SOON, PROBABLY TOMORROW

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Yeah, I wasnt too sure about the font, but it will look a lot better in context with the uniforms

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Yeah, I wasnt too sure about the font, but it will look a lot better in context with the uniforms

I have a feeling that if it looks better in context with the uniforms, then the uniforms and the logos themselves may not match up well. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, but all three of your logos look like they'd be best paired with a rounded font.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Raptor itself could use a bit of work, try this for comparison:

velociraptor.jpg

That Egg logo is AMAZING, though.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I got some uniforms today! These are the uniforms for the Raptors. Oddly enough, this is the second affiliate of the Dodgers so far. Weird coincidence. Hopefully this changes people's thoughts on the wordmarks. The uniforms have the typical dinosaur back/tail pattern throughout and a unique cream colored alternate, the color taken from the logo

Ogdenraptorsunis.png

sigpurp.png

Pale green would look sick if you went the route of the Asheville Tourists and made it glow-in-the-dark.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

I really had nothing going with the Tides, and decided to take a break from them. Don't worry, I'll probably get back to them at some point. In the meantime, here is the next concept:

-----------------------------------------------------------

CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS

The knights really don't have a bad identity, and their primary logo is pretty nice. It needs an update however. With too many outlines and barely contrasting colors, there is a lot to be desired. Here, I updated the horse, tweaked the colors, and basically modernized the emblem. Paired with an olde english /medieval font, i like this new primary a lot. The secondaries are mostly self-explanatory, but the new shield logo is based off of a coat of arms, bearing the main design of Charlotte's city flag.

The uniforms are nothing out of the ordinary, The olde english font didnt translate too well to the uniforms, but I felt worked well enough for alternate jerseys. The fauxback jersey is original, I just really felt this set gave off an olde-timey vibe, so I went with it. let me know what you think!

LOGOS:

CharlotteKnightslogos.png

UNIFORMS:

CharlotteKnightsuniforms.png

Next up will probably be the Jacksonville Suns

sigpurp.png

those have so much potential, but i feel as though the color scheme is too muddled with too many similar dark colors.

i think if you took out the black entirely, and used the blue (maybe made it a shade or two darker than it is right now) in place of the black, then you'd have a more visually clean look to those uniforms. i love the font. on all the uniforms.

the biggest issue is the horse-head logo on the blue cap. it's almost entirely unreadable. i think a simplified color scheme with more contrast would do wonders for this set.

Any more comments before I get going on the next one? I'd like to give this another run on page 1, because everything seems to be dominated by BaltimoreNewYorkManGirl's concepts instead of ones that actually were though out and well-prepared

sigpurp.png

Not really digging the colour scheme. The green and blue don't clash, but they're not the greatest together either.

Archived