NBA Redesign"s by Abby

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

Oh boy girl. I'm gonna try to go easy on you since you're just an infant to these boards.

First off, the logo on the white alt and the scripts were both stolen by Chapeeko. That's a no-no.

Second off, the navy and gold jerseys are both horrendously sloppy. You were pretty neat on the home primary and home alt (which you stole DIRECTLY from Chapeeko barring a number font change).

Third, why the random red alt in a gold and navy color scheme? Are you trying to pay homage to Chapeeko.

Forth, the rocket logo and rock logo thing need serious work.

The only good part of this concept is the part you stole from Chapeeko... Bad, bad, bad.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy girl. I'm gonna try to go easy on you since you're just an infant to these boards.

First off, the logo on the white alt and the scripts were both stolen by Chapeeko. That's a no-no.

Second off, the navy and gold jerseys are both horrendously sloppy. You were pretty neat on the home primary and home alt (which you stole DIRECTLY from Chapeeko barring a number font change).

Third, why the random red alt in a gold and navy color scheme? Are you trying to pay homage to Chapeeko.

Forth, the rocket logo needs serious work.

The only good part of this concept is the part you stole from Chapeeko... Bad, bad, bad.

first I did not steal them from Chapeeko. I thought those were the best scripts that the Rockets had.. and I liked them. second yes .. and it was MIDNIGHT BLUE. maybe I could have done better on the away and gold jersey (im not sure what you mean by home primary and home alt). but hey. third that is a throwback jersey. that I thought they would wear. NOT A HOMAGE TO CHAPEEKO. fourth. yeah. thats true.

I feel like im being attacked. im new at this guys. give me a little slack on that. I had trouble figuring out how to work this concept I had correctly. im sorry guys. *cries*

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Uhm.......uhm......is this serious? If it isn't then it's not a funny joke. If it's not then you need to go back to the drawing board. What is that logo supposed to be? You probably took 5 minutes using the fill tool and drawing random stars all over it. The numbers are way to low. The HOUSTON is extremely sloppy. I thought I already mad this clear, but, put more time into it until you're satisfied with the result and you can actually not go blind from looking at it. I really hope this is a joke at least.

first off the logo is suppose to be the the moon around the rockets script with a rocket flying over it. and I mentioned at the begining of the post that I was sure I would get heat. I had trouble figuring out this out with the ideas I had. proboly not the best concept ive made (ive made worse through) I used the stars on the jersey to represent space. Rockets. i tried to use a theme. I went out of the box with the color scheme. thinking spacy. but I didnt know what to do to make this idea work better. im sorry for complaing of your critisim. im just explaining man.. im pretty new at this.. I went more traditional with the Bucks. I wanted to go out the box with the Rocket idenity. but hey.

The general idea of this is decent, the execution is just horrendous. I'm sure someone could take that concept and make it look amazing. You just need to clean it up. You can plainly see the red outline on all the wordmarks. If you're having trouble because of paint I would suggest Inkscape.

Uhm.......uhm......is this serious? If it isn't then it's not a funny joke. If it's not then you need to go back to the drawing board. What is that logo supposed to be? You probably took 5 minutes using the fill tool and drawing random stars all over it. The numbers are way to low. The HOUSTON is extremely sloppy. I thought I already mad this clear, but, put more time into it until you're satisfied with the result and you can actually not go blind from looking at it. I really hope this is a joke at least.

first off the logo is suppose to be the the moon around the rockets script with a rocket flying over it. and I mentioned at the begining of the post that I was sure I would get heat. I had trouble figuring out this out with the ideas I had. proboly not the best concept ive made (ive made worse through) I used the stars on the jersey to represent space. Rockets. i tried to use a theme. I went out of the box with the color scheme. thinking spacy. but I didnt know what to do to make this idea work better. im sorry for complaing of your critisim. im just explaining man.. im pretty new at this.. I went more traditional with the Bucks. I wanted to go out the box with the Rocket idenity. but hey.

The general idea of this is decent, the execution is just horrendous. I'm sure someone could take that concept and make it look amazing. You just need to clean it up. You can plainly see the red outline on all the wordmarks. If you're having trouble because of paint I would suggest Inkscape.

ive tried other programs. but they crash my computer when I try to download them or use them so im stuck with paint. and Ill take this back and redo the outlines and fix the logo. hope I can redo these fine.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Quite frankly, it's painful to look at. You didn't really listen to any of the criticism of your last concept, considering this one is twice as sloppy as the last. There's a lot here to criticize so I think I'll do it in list form.

1. The primary logo is way too horizontal. It basically looks like the wordmark with the strangest-shaped moon ever and a random rocket floating around. Generally, NBA primary logos look best as either a roundel or at least a simple, compact logo:

gvc4r743h73yoif2hnvzzbir9.gif832.gif

2. The rocket again feels disconnected in the secondary logo. Maybe have the rocket's trail form the crossbar of the "H"?

3. The rocket looks like it has human legs with duck feet in both logos. You didn't really capture what a rocket trail actually looks like:

Ariane5LaunchArianespace.jpg

4. The color scheme is just too bland for the Rockets and isn't "futuristic" enough. They'd have the same problem as the Astros: futuristic name with bland, old-timey colors.

5. The random stars all over the shorts just wouldn't look very good on a player. They don't seem to be arranged in any well-thought-out way. Also, the large star on the jerseys don't seem to have a point in being there, and I think they'd look better without it.

6. Black scripts and numbers on a navy jersey would be completely unreadable in real life, especially without an outline like you have it. In fact, it's unreadable on here.

7. The numbers are too far down on the back, I think.

8. The recoloring is extremely sloppy. It appears you've tried to paint over the striping on the Rockets' current uniforms instead of using a fill tool, while also adding a side panel that doesn't continue to the shorts. There's also red artifacts on your scripts.

To be honest, this looks really rushed. Take your time and make a concerted effort to reduce the sloppiness, and your concepts will improve. We're not expecting ten concepts a day from you. What we expect is for everyone to put in time on their concepts and make something they can be proud of.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Forth, the rocket logo needs serious work.

first I did not steal them from Chapeeko. I thought those were the best scripts that the Rockets had.. and I liked them. second yes .. and it was MIDNIGHT BLUE. maybe I could have done better on the away and gold jersey (im not sure what you mean by home primary and home alt). but hey. third that is a throwback jersey. that I thought they would wear. NOT A HOMAGE TO CHAPEEKO. fourth. yeah. thats true.

I feel like im being attacked. im new at this guys. give me a little slack on that. I had trouble figuring out how to work this concept I had correctly. im sorry guys. *cries*

Midnight blue, navy, dark blue, all basically the same. By the home alt thing I meant that the home alt, or "1990's retro throwback" is extremely similar to Chapeeko's, but on second thought maybe not. And that "homage" thing was kind of a joke. :) Although I still do believe that that was Chapeeko's logo on the pants of the 1990's throwback.

But overall, you need to go back and make sure it is absolutely perfect, not any tracing marks whatsoever. Aim for this and it will help your concepts tremendously.

Sorry for the confusion. ;)

25yzwqg.png

Pure irony.

I didnt steal them. just didnt feel they fit in the uniform package anymore. so I removed them (I got the throwback from the Rockets uniform page)

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Pure irony.

I didnt steal them. just didnt feel they fit in the uniform package anymore. so I removed them (I got the throwback from the Rockets uniform page)

I didn't mention anything about stealing.rock.gif

sorry.. i didnt know what you meant by that.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Those uniforms aren't upgrades, they're a lateral move. Not only do the stripes still look sloppy, the shoulder stripes on the navy one aren't even colored in all the way on the back. And you somehow managed to make the scripts and numbers on the uniform look even sloppier. At least you got rid of the random stars.

Please start over, take your time, and put more effort in. Spending 5 minutes on an "upgrade" only serves to piss off the people who are trying to give you constructive criticism.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That "throwback" jersey is completely stolen.

I took it from the UNIFORM PAGE for Houston.

That's still considered stealing, and why would you put that if you didn't make it?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Archived