California Golden Seals (Version 2)

GeorgesL

Enjoyed seeing this come together. I like what your finished product looked like for sure. Good stuff.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...What if you get rid of the triangle and have the seal coming out of a "C" instead? The letter C is a really good letter to incorporate sports logos into. I don't know if it'll work with this logo, but it's worth a shot.

CaliforniaSealsAltlogo.png

elce96hffo1gzrth3ssvpec31.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

It's like the Ducks and the Sharks had a baby and it ended up in Oakland!

But seriously, love the logo (I like the triangle field more than the C personally) and the jerseys are top notch. Minor quibble though...maybe make the bridge on the shoulder patch logos gold instead of red, to keep with the colors?

8VvwoNps.png

But seriously, love the logo (I like the triangle field more than the C personally) and the jerseys are top notch. Minor quibble though...maybe make the bridge on the shoulder patch logos gold instead of red, to keep with the colors?

Isn't it funny they call it the GOLDEN Gate Bridge, and the bridge itself is red? (Actually according to Wikipedia it's "International orange".)

Isn't it funny they call it the GOLDEN Gate Bridge, and the bridge itself is red? (Actually according to Wikipedia it's "International orange".)

Ironic, yes. But if there was a mistunderstanding, I meant with the team colors, not the bridge's real life color. ;P

8VvwoNps.png

Ironic, yes. But if there was a misunderstanding, I meant with the team colors, not the bridge's real life color. ;P

Of course I knew that, and I fixed it up.

• 6 months later...

Added an alternate uniform to go with the set. The alternate, if you notice, is a mixture of the different eras of the Seals' hockey team. The jersey stripes/pattern is from when they were the Oakland Seals, the Seals' wordmark (although this is a different font) is from the California Golden Seals' era, when Charlie Finley bought the team, and the logo below the wordmark is from the San Francisco Seals' era from the 50's-60's, BEFORE they entered the NHL. And of course the new logo I designed are on the shoulders. I tried replacing the vintage logo with numbers, but I thought it looked kinda bland, almost like the Dallas Stars.

goldensealsuniforms.png

Not bad. Where did you find the 50s Seals logo?

I did a Google image search. Only for this, I dug deep, and looked for logos from the old San Francisco Seals of the old WHL. I wanted something that connects to the history of the Seals' franchise, that includes the San Francisco, Oakland and California teams of the 50's, 60's and 70's respectively. Although the 70's version of the Golden Seals' uniforms is not present, I'll admit that, only the wordmark concept is used. But then I discovered the Seals used the wordmark AND the logo shown on their 60's uniforms, and when I saw that old logo, I thought to myself, "You know, this is perfect!"

Here are some pics:

SFSHS-550.gif

source_145_37504.jpg

Not bad. Where did you find the 50s Seals logo?

I did a Google image search. Only for this, I dug deep, and looked for logos from the old San Francisco Seals of the old WHL. I wanted something that connects to the history of the Seals' franchise, that includes the San Francisco, Oakland and California teams of the 50's, 60's and 70's respectively. Although the 70's version of the Golden Seals' uniforms is not present, I'll admit that, only the wordmark concept is used. But then I discovered the Seals used the wordmark AND the logo shown on their 60's uniforms, and when I saw that old logo, I thought to myself, "You know, this is perfect!"

I meant to ask if you rendered a new version of the skating seal logo yourself, because it looks really well done and not copied/pasted from a photo. :)

Archived