winghaz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i8cxgz8dntovhutesw1ecx4ez.gif

fr520vshzefmjam650dmmppoy.gif

6pf1zakhef3zaztipz8ms0ghi.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What is the unhealthy obsession with the Padres ugliest uniform they've ever worn on this site? Is it the uniqueness factor that overrides horribly bad taste?

Seriously, I've been wondering the same thing.

Its pretty simple, really. You're both just wrong.

Well you present a very convincing and intellectual argument. I know now that I can take you seriously.

I actually didn't mind the old road uniforms of the Rockies.

Larry+Walker.jpg

Those were beautiful...although I can't decide whether that's perfection, or if just the right shade of purple cap would be.

I think it's great with the black hat. Rockies should have kept those road jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm honestly surprised the Rocks haven't come up with a new cap logo by now. All that said, I had forgotten those roadies even existed.

C'mon, guys...bring 'em baaa-a-aack!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i8cxgz8dntovhutesw1ecx4ez.gif

fr520vshzefmjam650dmmppoy.gif

I actually really liked this Blue Jays set. It was a nice take on the classic Jays look. So much better than what they have today (then again, "better than their curent set" isn't much of a compliment).

I'd be perfectly fine with them going back to this full time, with a cap logo change (especially the home uniform - I could take or leave that blue alternate).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I myself don't believe teams should wear pinstripes on the road. I hate the sleeveless look, and 3-tone caps like the Expos, Blue Jays, and Orioles used to wear, they looked terrible. I did like that Orioles cartoon logo tho', that was cool.

I miss the Blue Jays set that was worn during their 2 World Series seasons, solid blue cap, and my favorite throwback ever is the White Sox 1906 ... those were brilliant!

As an ANGELS fan I'm looking forward to throwback Fridays when they wear the '61s with the original LA logo on the cap, and the '71 with the lowercase 'a' with the halo above it.

But these Chisox throwbacks worn in 2006 are simply awesome, would love to see those again. thumbsup.gif

2508553401_c64240fecd_o.png

1997marlinsap.jpg

The Marlins have never looked better.

Yes they have (with the exception of the black cap, this set is perfect):

ph_timeline_big_uniforms.jpg

They actually wore a teal jersey in games? I thought it was just a batting practice jersey.

1997marlinsap.jpg

I disagree. Way to much teal on the inaugural set. The 1997 World Series set tones it down enough so that it's not overbearing, but enough that it still pops. Perfection.

1997marlinsap.jpg

I disagree, but they were at least on the right track back then. The original road uni was definitely the best of that bunch, probably because of the script. I wish they would've modeled the home script after it, or just stuck with the "F" logo on the chest. I've always hated that "Marlins" script. If they'd have done that, plus toned down the brightness of the teal (and ditched black from their numbers), they could've had a beautiful home and road look on the very first try--no alts needed, either. The sleeveless look does nothing for me, and the teal alt is just garish.

1997marlinsap.jpg

I disagree, but they were at least on the right track back then. The original road uni was definitely the best of that bunch, probably because of the script. I wish they would've modeled the home script after it, or just stuck with the "F" logo on the chest. I've always hated that "Marlins" script. If they'd have done that, plus toned down the brightness of the teal (and ditched black from their numbers), they could've had a beautiful home and road look on the very first try--no alts needed, either. The sleeveless look does nothing for me, and the teal alt is just garish.

6igt6wgkwbmgfhme9rgugv1od.gif

1997marlinsap.jpg

I know, that was their best home uniform, ever. A little heavy on the black, but, whatever.

1997marlinsap.jpg

I would LOVE to see that jersey next season, only with the "F" replaced by an "M" (or a slightly different, new logo with the same concept).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived