Baseball uniforms you miss

winghaz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh... I still think the red-pinstriped vests are better. There's a little more going on but not too much.

Pair the red hats (with the white C) with the red-pinstriped vests and you'd have one hell of a Reds uniform as well.

Ehh... I still think the red-pinstriped vests are better. There's a little more going on but not too much.

Pair the red hats (with the white C) with the red-pinstriped vests and you'd have one hell of a Reds uniform as well.

They basically did for half the time

072697boone_484x450.jpg

red hat, Mr. Red on the sleeves, with the Creds logo inversed like it usually is and they would've been pretty good, but I hated the white hats.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not a uniform, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway:

score1984.jpg

Lubalin Graph is awesome and should be used by the Cubs at all times. All caps or mixed case, either way is fine. It just feels right to me, and I wasn't even alive in '84.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So from what I can gather from the love of the late 60's uniforms, nearly everyone would like to see the Reds in something like this:

redshomesimple.png

redsroadsimple.png

This would be perfect.

It's a shame they dropped that look so soon. I can guarantee that if the Big Red Machine wore those uniforms instead of the pullovers, they'd still be around today, and be recognized as classics.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I don't understand why some feel that pinstripes on gray jerseys are verboten. I'd like the return of the road pinstripes for the Twins. The reason almost purely due to a convincing argument made by BallWonk on these boards.

I'm not wild about the Nationals' new uniforms. Specifically their progression to the script style wordmarks and emphasis on the curly-W. Their uniforms look solid, I just wish their "monument" typeface worked better. I am not a fan of their new road caps though. Blue crown, red bill? That makes me think of the Braves. Which reminds me, the Braves should ditch their all navy cap and their navy on navy on navy alt. Their regular homes and regular aways look so good that it should be a crime to wear anything else.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I don't understand why some feel that pinstripes on gray jerseys are verboten. I'd like the return of the road pinstripes for the Twins. The reason almost purely due to a convincing argument made by BallWonk on these boards.

I am not a fan of their new road caps though. Blue crown, red bill? That makes me think of the Braves.

You know it's funny, that's what everyone keeps saying, but I've yet to confuse the Nats with any other team while watching them. I'm not sure why. I think their new road cap looks good. When I look at the Nats road uniform and purposely think to myself, "they look too much like the Braves", then I do. But if I'm just watching them play, I like their road uniforms.

I agree with you about road pinstripes, though. I think the Twins looked better with them. It also distinguished them a little more from Cleveland.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I am not a fan of their new road caps though. Blue crown, red bill? That makes me think of the Braves.

You know it's funny, that's what everyone keeps saying, but I've yet to confuse the Nats with any other team while watching them. I'm not sure why. I think their new road cap looks good. When I look at the Nats road uniform and purposely think to myself, "they look too much like the Braves", then I do. But if I'm just watching them play, I like their road uniforms.

I agree with you about road pinstripes, though. I think the Twins looked better with them. It also distinguished them a little more from Cleveland.

I watched an in game look of the Nats vs Marlins when the Twins/Yankees were rained out last week, and I swear I thought they were the Braves right off hand. Even though they had just shown a highlight of the Braves playing someone else.

A modernized version of this would be awesome, even if only for Sunday games.

Image2-14.jpg

That uniform and logo represents the 1919 'Black Sox', perhaps that's why they've left it off the shelf.

Perhaps you'll see that similar uniform again in 2017, when the patriotic American colors were part of the Sox logo and 100th anniversary from when they won the WS rather than throwing it. :therock:

cwhite17.jpg

I'll just go team by team.

Orioles: Would like to see them go back to the 80's unis.

Red Sox: Just switch the road uni back to the one previous this one.

Blue Jays: Can't beat the old school Jay.

Mets: Eliminate the black outline on their home jerseys.

Reds: Need to ditch the black all together.

Brewers: Love the MB glove logo.

Padres: I like their late 80's unis.

Otherwise I think every other team is pretty much okay.

Archived