Baseball uniforms you miss

winghaz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like the fleur-de-lis acting as an aigu. Not enough people know that the e in Montreal is accented, and a fleur-de-lis doesn't even come close to resembling an aigu unless you rotate it, so you just have this tiny little Quebec symbol floating over the script, seemingly apropos of nothing. A better way to work it into the identity might've been as a sleeve patch or somewhere within the primary (maybe in place of all those stripes between MONTREAL and EXPOS, but that doesn't address it being imperceptibly small, now does it). Either properly accent it or don't bother. Oh well, baseball in Quebec is dead forever anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

*** First time posting here

I've always had a soft spot for the steroid era Jays jersey

raul-mondesi.jpg

Yes the 2002 set is a great look for the BLUE Jays. The only change I would make id either eliminate the T-Jay logo from the front of the alternates leaving that area empty or change the T-Jay for the numbers.

TalktoChuck took my next uniform, but I'll add the rest of the '90s set.

090401bradwilkerson.jpg

expostretch.jpg

As much as I love the racing-stripe uniforms, I have to admit that the '90s set was fantastic as well. Hell, the BP jersey would have made an awesome regular alternate.

As great as the road set was, I felt the home set was kind of underwhelming. You had the thick double stripes on the road set that hearkened back to the racing stripes, but the home was just traditional white with blue pinstripes set. It looked fine, it just lacked the lustre of the road look.

Also, the red Expos cap was fantastic. I wanted them to go to that full time. They did go with a red cap, eventually. In DC :(

There was an episode of MLB Network's Prime 9 that aired today, and this one featured the nine most unique uniforms in MLB history (according to their experts).

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PuIUdPCiNg&feature=related

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEZ7AhftuY

9. San Francisco Giants (orange jerseys from the early 80s, with a short mention of the present-day orange alts)

8. Florida Marlins (the original sets mentioned a few pages back on this thread)

7. Anaheim Angels (the "periwinkle" era of the late 90s)

6. Cleveland Indians (the all-red look of 1975)

5. San Diego Padres (brown and yellow, no further explanation needed)

4. Kansas City/Oakland A's (specifically those early 70s World Series title teams)

3. Pittsburgh Pirates (the "We Are Family" era)

2. Houston Astros (the original rainbow unis circa 1975)

1. Chicago White Sox (the infamous unis of 1976, with the collar and shorts)

*** First time posting here

I've always had a soft spot for the steroid era Jays jersey

raul-mondesi.jpg

I've never seen that uniform in game action even though I've known it existed.

My pick for this thread would be the 1994-2001 Indians set. ALL uniforms.

Archived