Houston Rockets Concept

Fifty8_Black O

After seeing another Houston re-brandon here earlier I decided to post my concept logo. If I get good feedback I will try and put up some jerseys too. I don't wanna get too ahead of myself but I have a handful of other teams I've been working on so this could become a series depending on how this goes. Cant wait to get some good C&C.

houstonrockets.jpg

I think you have the start of something neat here. I few ideas I think might make it better, Make the rocket bigger and the basketball smaller (and a complete circle as already mentioned) , take "rockets" out of the rocket and put "houston" inside. I like the colors, and I love the rocket. I kind of like the font, but you may want to clean it up.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I took most of the comments under consideration (all but the change the font one, mostly because I really like the font and how it fits this concept). I made these 6 concepts, the first being the original and the other 5 made off suggestions yall made. Let me know which one you think is best or any other adjustments you'd make. I think right now my favorite is number 4 so I'm interested in what you guys have to say. Jerseys soon to come once I settle on a logo.

hourockets.jpg

I like 4 the best, The font isnt too bad, but I would capitalize the words for sure. rockets looks ridiculous, but Rockets looks like a team with winning in mind. tongue.gif

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I know it's not a rip, but the shape and lettering in the original concept instantly made me think of the Nuggets old skyline logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#4.

Having the rocket say "Rockets" would be redundant, so I prefer it to say "Houston".

Incredible design. They should adopt this NOW.

I would prefer a little more red since that's their history, but the color scheme you used does look great.

87Redskins.png

Thanks for all the C&C guys keep it comin! Like most of you guys I thought #4 was the best option. I continued playing around with it and I think I'm down to these last three options before I settle on a primary. The first option is just option 4 from above, number 2 and number 3 I added a red ring as someone suggested to make the basketball look more like a planet and also to add more red to the concept. #3 I shrunk the ball to put more focus on the rocket portion. I'm not sure how I feel about the red ring, I like the idea of it but maybe I'm struggling with the exucution so some advice on that would be great. Also feel free to fling out some ideas for a secondary logo (I'm at a standstill with that) and I'm in the works on jersey sets now but I'd love some suggestions for those too (right now I'm working with a yellow away and white home, FYI). Also shout out to BaltimoreNewYorkGirl for her Rockets design that inspired me to post the concept, stay at it your NHL-NBA crossover is lookin good!

rockets.jpg

Archived