MLB Low Crown 59FIFTY Caps

14er

Ichiro does, I believe. The site minorleaguesmajordreams.com has been tossed around before as a good place to buy the low-crowns.

The MLMD site is legit right? Everything looks authentic to me, but I just wanted to make sure since the prices are comparably cheaper.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ichiro does, I believe. The site minorleaguesmajordreams.com has been tossed around before as a good place to buy the low-crowns.

The MLMD site is legit right? Everything looks authentic to me, but I just wanted to make sure since the prices are comparably cheaper.

yeah, I've ordered a couple hats from there, and a few guys I know also have. Never had a problem. The site is a little sketchy looking though, so I don't blame you for questioning it.

FSU2.gif

yeah, I've ordered a couple hats from there, and a few guys I know also have. Never had a problem. The site is a little sketchy looking though, so I don't blame you for questioning it.

Do you happen to know if they frequently re-stock? They unfortunately dont have my size available, and they don't have any of the "Current on Order Sizes" spaces filled out.

I've ordered from them too, and I've actually been into the real storefront. They're located in a strip shopping center in the shadow of Angels Stadium in Anaheim. They're legit. As for re-stocking, I don't think they restock the jerseys unless you specifically order one, but not sure about the hats. I have seen the hat stock get updated from time to time, so I think they do actually get those in more frequently.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

MLMD is a very good store with great prices. I've gotten a bunch of low profile "performance" hats from them in the past 3-4 years:

- 3 Mets home (royal)

- 2 Mets alt (black)

- Mariners

- Tigers home

- Savannah Sand Gnats (Mets A)

- Quad City River Bandits (Cards A)

The MiLB ones are just as good as the MLBs too. Can't beat the price.

If they don't have your size or a particular hat in stock, email them. They're usually quick to reply with when/if they expect to have it.

Ever since they switched from wool to performance, I can't wear regular 5950's anymore. They're either too "deep" (since they don't shrink up) and go over my ears or too small in circumfrence. The Lo-Profile hats are perfect for me.

If they don't have your size or a particular hat in stock, email them. They're usually quick to reply with when/if they expect to have it.

Whats their email address? I can't seem to find on on the site.

Hmmm, you're right. Must've pulled it at some point. They do have an 800 number there though, so you can just call them.

x2

I got my low crown from MLMD today. Ho-ly crap, there is no way I am going back to the regular style! It fit perfectly straight away.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm going to order a low crown NE hat, but since I'm in-between sizes I'm not sure if I should get a 7 1/4 or 7 3/8. Is it better to buy these low crown hats to big, then shrink it down, or small and hope it stretches? Will the hat shrink at all since they now make them shrink resistant?

I got mine in from MLMD, and I love the fit of the Low Crown. Fits my head the way a baseball cap is supposed to. I ordered a 7 1/4 which was slighty snug at first wear, but after wearing it a bit, it has shaped to my head and fits comfortably. The quality is a chance you have to take ordering online (my bill is just slightly off, but only noticable to highly analytical people like myself and nothing to keep me from wearing it), but I would recommend MLMD. On a side note, after watching the Reds-Cards series, it appeared to me that all three of the Cards starters (McClellan, Carpenter, and Westbrook) were wearing the LC.

I'm going to order a low crown NE hat, but since I'm in-between sizes I'm not sure if I should get a 7 1/4 or 7 3/8. Is it better to buy these low crown hats to big, then shrink it down, or small and hope it stretches? Will the hat shrink at all since they now make them shrink resistant?

From my limited experience with NE caps, I'd probably err on the side of caution and go up a size. I'm in the same boat being in-between sizes, but more times than not, I seem to run into cap sizing that's smaller than the listed size, instead of bigger. I know you can try the "pull till you a hear a 'pop'" trick to stretch out a NE cap, but I don't know how much that actually stretches the cap.

I got mine in from MLMD, and I love the fit of the Low Crown. Fits my head the way a baseball cap is supposed to. I ordered a 7 1/4 which was slighty snug at first wear, but after wearing it a bit, it has shaped to my head and fits comfortably. The quality is a chance you have to take ordering online (my bill is just slightly off, but only noticable to highly analytical people like myself and nothing to keep me from wearing it), but I would recommend MLMD. On a side note, after watching the Reds-Cards series, it appeared to me that all three of the Cards starters (McClellan, Carpenter, and Westbrook) were wearing the LC.

Neither MLMD nor the NE site seem to ever have my size. I've been checking both periodically since I found this thread and neither seem to be getting any new ones in. I'm hoping they re-stock soon b/c it's starting to get hotter/sunnier outside again and I'd like to have a cap that actually fits ready to wear.

Neither MLMD nor the NE site seem to ever have my size. I've been checking both periodically since I found this thread and neither seem to be getting any new ones in. I'm hoping they re-stock soon b/c it's starting to get hotter/sunnier outside again and I'd like to have a cap that actually fits ready to wear.

MLMD just restocked recently. They seem to get hats pretty often, so keep looking out there for sure. I wanted a Mariners 7-1/2, but they didn'thave it one week. Two weeks later, they had it, so I ordered it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I called the number on the MLMD website, and the recording listed their e-mail address as mlmd@minorleagues.com

I was also able to pre-order a Low Crown Red Sox hat that is currently out of stock. I was told that new stock could be in as soon as June, and that my credit card would not be charged until they arrived at their warehouse. I'll let you know how it turns out!

I called the number on the MLMD website, and the recording listed their e-mail address as mlmd@minorleagues.com

I was also able to pre-order a Low Crown Red Sox hat that is currently out of stock. I was told that new stock could be in as soon as June, and that my credit card would not be charged until they arrived at their warehouse. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thanks for that. I just bookmarked their website and will check it periodically for the Nats Home 7 1/4 that isnt in stock. Hopefully in June like you say.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

i decided to register here because of this topic

it seems like the crowns are higher now and i definitely dont like how high they are. i thought maybe i just had a weird head shape or something but it looks like a lot of people have this issue. i'd like to try a low crown 5950 but im a little worried they might be TOO low plus you cant find them anymore. some of my old fitteds that are regular versions fit me fine. maybe i need something in between the low crown and the high crowns of today? how much of a difference is there?

im not a baseball fan so i was thinking of making my own custom 5950 in order to try the low profile out. i'd need 17 others to do it with since the minimum is 18 hats. i am looking at making them poly or possibly poly mesh. maybe someone could come up with a fictional logo and we could design one? piping, different color blocking, different color buttons, back/right embroidery would be available.

the poly mesh hats are like this:

42-25223-F.jpg

thats a nike hat but new era used to make the mesh batting practice hats just like that. i dont know how many others are a fan of those but i love them.

i wish that all NEs didnt have the logo on the side either, the on-fields look so much cleaner without it.

• 2 weeks later...

any interest? the hats would take 8-10 weeks to get shipped so i'd like to get them done soon. i'm going to call next week to work out the details.

hats will definitely be poly. sizes 6 3/8 - 8 1/2 available. i think NE cut down on the available colors to choose from unfortunately.

Archived