Golden Giants uniforms

Swiss

Today the Giants wore golden uniforms celebrating the 2010 World Series win against the Cardinals.

That surprised me... I never got any rumor about them from any SF website or CCSLC.

There go some pictures:

d1e8a0d3de37fe9e0eccd1120c2c0bd8-getty-109235657js031_st_louis_car.jpg

a5ca244e9cd7076fe66eec0c1b85f044-getty-109235657js026_st_louis_car.jpg

5dd96c52a0c44efd2138a9e825ede9e9-getty-109235657jj024_st_louis_car.jpg

Back numbers are golden too...

62132953c7a74883ee4aa6da0fe573e8-getty-109235657js006_st_louis_car.jpg

Hey, even the interlocked SF in the caps is golden!

Funny thing is that I'm also a Red Sox fan and I remember that in the 2005 first game at Fenway Park, the Red Sox used a jersey with some golden details into the chest lettering.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It's an MLB tradition.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's a new MLB tradition.

Here, added! :rolleyes:

Well, I never saw any 2010 golden Yankees jersey. Or any 2006 golden White Sox jersey and any 2007 Cardinals golden jersey.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It's an MLB tradition.

Just like being a dummy is a Kevin W tradition.

It's certainly not a tradition. It's a recent trend. The fact that some teams just don't do it, others do it just for pre game, others just use trim while in this case one went much farther show that it's not any "tradition".

here's an image of what the phillies wore opening day 2009 after they won the world series.

pn-20090405211202-5jpg-fd7e5985a687c9b2_large.jpg

note the gold trim.

Awful, for the simple reason that the thing that I hate most about the Phillies uniforms is that the "Phillies" script looks more like a patch than a script, due to the large white border around it. It's not too bad on the homes because they're white anyway, but the gold outline really accentuates what I find to be the biggest problem.

Someone back then had what I consider to be a brilliant idea, and that was to make the stars gold instead of blue.

Since they've been winning lately and really showing off their championship flags (which I don't think anyone really noticed until they started being opening day SGAs) I think they could change the stars to mimic the colors of whatever flag they're raising that day, not just for a WS championship.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks "boss"?

*sigh*

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived